Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Isn't it nice that a balance is coming to the mug and Trump supporters are not wanting to leave immediately?

Isn't it nice that a balance is coming to the mug and Trump supporters are not wanting to leave immediately?

It is really nice to have peaceful interactions with all of you, regardless of your beliefs. I admire people who stand for what they believe even if I do not agree. Thank you all for being so peaceful even when we disagree.

Posted - January 12, 2018

Responses

• In my brief and limited experience here, I've found that you express yourself intelligently and diplomatically as is evidenced in this question. I share your sentiment about people standing for their beliefs. I think that if I am passionate about certain things, others can be the same. I do however disagree that there is some balance occurring here. But if we can have open and honest debate and learn something along the way, then it's a good experience. 
      January 12, 2018 10:50 AM MST

Perhaps the imbalance is because a lot more people dislike Trump.
      January 12, 2018 10:57 AM MST

We are typically not as vocal and do not like to argue, there were a lot of Trump Supporters that left the wonderful mug and left derogatory comments about the Trump Bashing. If they had stayed, you'd be outnumbered. I on the other hand do not mind being an annoying White Nationalist and your bashing makes me love him all the more. I hope I can get to the point I make people complain as much as he does. He literally controls the lives of many because all they can do is complain about him. It is rather entertaining.
      January 12, 2018 11:08 AM MST

It seems to me to be more balanced than it was a month ago, and prior to that. Still it leans to the left but I think this is mainly because most of the right are out making the world go around while the leftys just like to talk about theories that are impractical and since their theories will not work, they like to just talk about them. Mostly they just like to bash anyone who does not agree with them. Thankfully there are some very polite leftist on here and thankfully the nationalists are starting to speak up. I do not know if this site could ever achieve a true balance but I love to interact with like-minded people as yourself and I like to interact with leftists who present an intelligent and peaceful argument.
      January 12, 2018 11:01 AM MST

Making the world go round?"  You mean like Carrier moving 215 more jobs to Mexico in spite of being given a $7 million dollar incentive to remain in the U.S.?  Or, do you mean like Trump not bringing all his and his family's manufacturing jobs to the U.S.?  Or, perhaps you meant Trump applying for hundreds of H1B visas to be employed at Mar-A-Lago.  Is that what you meant?

January 12, 2018 11:25 AM MST

Yeah that is what I meant. Glad you caught on. Aren't you a globalist? Don't you think the rest of the world needs those jobs? This post was edited by [W]e[y]lon Musk at January 12, 2018 4:39 PM MST
      January 12, 2018 11:29 AM MST

I think those jobs should first be filled by Americans and then, if there are positions still open, filled by others.
      January 12, 2018 11:31 AM MST

If we would deport all the illegal aliens, there would be plenty of jobs for American citizens, These criminals need to be deported now. I would like to see it made easier for legal immigration of people who bring value to our country, and those privileges should be extended to all countries, not just Mexico and Canada.
      January 12, 2018 11:37 AM MST

You think it would be easy to remove 7-12 million people from the U.S.?  Many of these illegal aliens start small businesses that employ others.  What I would like to see is real welfare reform.  No more sitting on your butt if you're capable of working and collecting a check.  I would like to see employers fined heavily for employing these illegals.  Show you how fast they stop coming here or begin to leave.  When you say "bring value to this country," I say that many people felt the same way about the Irish, Chinese, Jewish and Italians who came here way back when.  In fact, if it wasn't for them, neither you nor I would be here.  I can't vouch for you, but I've been steadily employed taxpayer at far more than minimum wage for more than 54 years, as was my family who emigrated before me.  The only people who can truly claim this as THEIR country are the Native Americans - we were all illegal aliens at one time or another - and look what we did to them. 
      January 12, 2018 11:47 AM MST

The illegals need to be granted amnesty if they are going to stay here. Then something should be done to make it easier for valuable people to come here. Illegal aliens in the country is unacceptable. I do not blame the illegals, they come here for a better life and because they know nothing is going to stop them from breaking our laws. You and I have to abide by laws. I totally agree that companies should be fined for hiring illegals and even jailing those who hire them, including anyone who hires one to cut their grass. I am a Native American, as I was born here. My family came here prior to the revolutionary war. I do not agree with what the elite class did to the Natives or the Hawaiians but that was long ago and of no concern to me. I cannot apologize for what the Europeans did when they came here, but I was born here and this is my country. If I went to another country I would obey their laws and try and fit in.
      January 12, 2018 12:07 PM MST

The problem is that Americans won't accept many menial jobs that the illegal aliens are willing to do.
      January 12, 2018 1:59 PM MST

Yes, they will. If you pay them and give them hours. 
      January 12, 2018 2:39 PM MST

Americans will do those jobs if they get decent pay.  The reason the companies like to hire illegals is because they don't have to pay them a living wage or give them benefits and because they're illegal, they have no ability to complain. 
      January 12, 2018 6:19 PM MST

Without the illegals. the wages will go up until someone will accept the job.
      January 12, 2018 11:42 PM MST

He didn't mention Trump. 
      January 13, 2018 4:25 AM MST

Not sure what you're talking about.  He mentioned Trump in his question.

January 13, 2018 9:18 AM MST

There are a lot of hard working people that lean left.  Many of us do volunteer work and we do approach our local representatives that should be hearing our concerns.  Please don't think for a minute we are more lazy.  I see some right wingers **** all day long, just like some on the left.

If we all would stop with the assumptions, maybe we would be a little more united as a nation.  Just a thought. This post was edited by my2cents at January 12, 2018 6:22 PM MST
      January 12, 2018 1:07 PM MST

I've known some very hard working leftists, not implying you are lazy. Just rather than blame the president for all our troubles, why not seek our own solutions? Had the power not all been taken awey from the states, we would have 50 choices of different places to live but the feds have their noses in every state's business now since every state relies on federal funds. In Hawaii if you have a full time job, you have insurance, the feds don't need to intervene in everything.
      January 12, 2018 1:17 PM MST

I don't blame all my problems on the President and anyone that does is misinformed imho.  Congress has gotten so away from the people they are supposed to represent that it's hard to tell what party they represent.  I just find it interesting that they care so little about hard working Americans while they have the best of the best in medical insurance and pension plans.  

I don't like the idea that medical insurance should come through companies.  Not everyone has a full time job or is lucky enough to work for someone that offers it.  So what do we do if you don't want the feds involved?  Any ideas?  I am sure most people would not want any of their family members having little ability to access healthcare if they suddenly got ill.  
      January 12, 2018 1:34 PM MST

It is nice having more who are willing to speak up. Most conservatives I know are not vocal. 
    My parents were shocked to find out the section of their state always goes Republican. They did not know any who say they vote R. Until this election, everyone they know (themselves included) voted Trump. Lol
      January 12, 2018 11:34 AM MST

I appreciate your parents and all the others who voted against the worst presidential nominee in American history. I wish so many were not brainwashed into thinking a president has to be a well-groomed lifelong politician. We have finally made a change and peace and prosperity shall reign for the next eight years. Donald Trump did not particularly want to be president but could not find anyone else worth a crap that could run and win. He is an amazing man, despite the wey he sometimes talks, but it helped get him elected. This man gave up his luxurious lifestyle to change this country, knowing he is in a very dangerous position. He could have just sat back and enjoyed another 20 years or so, but he loves America and wanted to be the change. For those who cannot see this or do not appreciate it, I really do not know what to say. So they don't like his choice of words because their ears are so sensitive. He is simply stating the truth with no sugar coating. Most people I know do the same. They are just all used to the well-groomed silver-tongued Bill Clinton type who can talk a good game yet accomplish nothing. Here we have a man of action, a man who put himself and hid family in need of secret service protection for eight years rather than just sit back and watch some half-crazed capitalist, pretending to be a democrat take over the White House. It is truly a pity that people are not appreciating the sacrifices this man has made for them. Even with the economy going well and the streets are peaceful again since Obama left office, they still complain. I have no idea what causes people to behave this wey toward our leader,no matter who he was. Obama was the worst president we had and we all should now be thankful he moved out of the White house.
      January 12, 2018 11:54 AM MST

I am glad you feel that way. So do I. Now go shave your head...LOL.
      January 12, 2018 12:00 PM MST

I grew out my hair to cover my swastika tattoo and my my portrait of Hitler tattoo.
      January 12, 2018 12:11 PM MST

LOL
      January 12, 2018 12:14 PM MST