Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » JA would you please remove the ad that asks if people have a criminal background? My first name is on here encouraging this.

JA would you please remove the ad that asks if people have a criminal background? My first name is on here encouraging this.

Have you seen this ad?  It takes your name and asks the public if you have a criminal background and be sure and check me out.

ARE YOU FKING KIDDING ME?

Posted - January 12, 2018

Responses

• Are you saying you're afraid your background might get checked? :P  *bats eyelashes*

January 12, 2018 5:27 PM MST

But of course I don't see any ads....
    That's terrible though
    haha that's the Beta version
    v.2 it will have your picture.
      January 12, 2018 5:59 PM MST

I don't see any ads either ;)  
      January 12, 2018 6:35 PM MST

My rap sheet is so long it goes back centuries.  By the time they figured out what country, if it was even a county back then, they would be so lost it would make their head spin.  
    I will keep them busy for years. 
    I'll take the heat for ya, Sharonna.  If they even try to insinuate you did anything out of turn,   I'll tell them you were innocent on all accounts.  Who could blame you when it was really all magic wizardry?  You were with me!!   They'll never catch us ;) :) This post was edited by Merlin at January 13, 2018 9:03 AM MST
      January 12, 2018 6:42 PM MST

I neither see nor do I even look for any ads on here; I'm too busy scrutinizing grammar.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at January 13, 2018 5:34 PM MST
      January 12, 2018 7:31 PM MST

What does your star say?
      January 13, 2018 3:35 AM MST

Grammar Police Force.
    ~
      January 13, 2018 3:38 AM MST

I want one.  I think I should be deputized and receive my own star.  It can be slightly smaller than yours.
      January 13, 2018 4:48 AM MST

That sounds like a Google ad. I'd need to know the company name and/or have a copy of the link the ad would have taken you to. I can't identify which one it was without that.

For what it's worth, though, we don't see the same ads. Nobody here would see your name- just you. Google collects data on its own- it's quite common for people to get ads targeted by location. I've never seen one with a name on it, but they craft those specifically based on what they think each person will respond to. 

On a site-wide level, I can't identify it. However, if you see it again, you can usually block it by clicking the "x" on it or you can click it to get the link or right click it and copy the link. 

Always best to email me these things. I don't see everything in the Q&A.
      January 13, 2018 4:41 PM MST