Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Face it. America is a "SH**HOLE" country for having elected a person who would use that language to describe other countries. Right?

Face it. America is a "SH**HOLE" country for having elected a person who would use that language to describe other countries. Right?

You are what you do/say. You also are what you don't do/don't say.

Posted - January 15, 2018

Responses

In this case, I look at the President as being rather frank about these places.  Teddy Roosevelt woulda said the same thing. The United States sends billions of dollars in aid to these places, and they send us terror. 
      January 15, 2018 7:21 AM MST

You act as if no other president or politician has ever used such language or said derogatory things to or about others.  Most of which never gets reported to the public, I am sure.  Just a few that have:  Obama publicly called Libya "a mess", but the term he used privately is just a few letters different that the term Trump used; Clinton is well-known among staffers and her protective details for foul language, including her liberal use of the f-bomb;  Nixon referred to gays as "perverts" and "faggots"; while LBJ was well-known for the word he used to refer to blacks.    
      January 15, 2018 10:25 AM MST

You just fell into the trap of "What about?" which is very disappointing to me. This is what people always do when confronted with something they don't like. Rather than address the issue straight on they will regale us with all the "what abouts" that ever existed. The point of that is to deflect/defend and not answer the question. It doesn't answer the specific question I asked and the harm that word is doing worldwide currrently. That's okay. It's what folks do when they can't ignore something but refuse to deal with it. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at January 16, 2018 3:06 AM MST
      January 16, 2018 3:05 AM MST

Wrong, Rosie.  You fell into the trap of pointing the finger, ignoring the fact of the three pointing back at you/yours.  
      January 16, 2018 2:19 PM MST

Oh no Bozette. Not you. Seriously? SIGH. You really are satisfied to leave it at that as if that settles it?  You fall into the trap of repeating a homily, cliche. You are smarter than that. So why the indulgence?  Thank you for your reply. I didn't think you were capable of that. I was wrong. :(
      January 17, 2018 4:08 AM MST

Quit acting as if Trump was the first to use such language, Rosie.  
      January 17, 2018 5:11 AM MST