Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So a blueblood virgin would be greater value to the Royal Family than a commoner who has been around the block before? Seriously? WHY?

So a blueblood virgin would be greater value to the Royal Family than a commoner who has been around the block before? Seriously? WHY?

Love happens between two people. It doesn't fit other people's requirements. It doesn't fit any template. It just is. Either accept it or reject it but for god's sake DO NOT set up artificial parameters for it like color of blood, color of skin, color of money. SIGH.

Posted - January 15, 2018

Responses

Welll no.. in modern day there is no requirement for the suitor to be royal or blue blood. However, since the royals are very much in the public gaze and are allegedly supposed to set an example... then it's certainly easier if the proposed loved one is someone who seems to be of high moral standards... of course logically the other partner should also have similar standards
      January 15, 2018 4:05 PM MST

Personally I think that's all a bunch of of hooey. All of it. You know some lawmakers who are extremely obsessively anti-LGBT get caught with their same-sex lovers. And some of those "family first" men who are so self-righteous have mistresses on the side and even get some of them pregnant. So much for "family first" and high moral standards. They're all a bunch of craptalkers. What matters is how people treat one another. That's it. Anything else is for show and phony as he** in my opinion. There is no guarantee that a snow white virgin would be a better and more loving and faithful partner than a gal who wasn't a snow white virgin. The ruse continues though and I don't buy any of it. No disrespect intended to thee Addb. I mean you know more about stuff like that than I do. Royal families are not something that we Americans are familiar with although  JFK and Jackie were about as close as we ever got to American royalty. Barack and Michelle Obama were a wonderful example of a loving couple and while I did not share Ronald Reagan's politics there was no doubt in anyone's mind that Nancy and Ronald Reagan loved each dearly and completely and faithfully. SIGH. I wonder if those days will ever come our way again in America or are we now stuck with the absence of that? I hope not but I seriously doubt that things will change here anytime soon. The powers that be are  spineless toadies who lie, deny, defend. Thank you for your reply.
      January 16, 2018 2:38 AM MST

tee hee i knew you would think it a bunch of hooey :P that's why I thought I would reply :P  thing is... there are NO lawmakers involved in the royal case... so it doesn't apply.. we are definitely NOT anti LGBT here.. far from it and generally speaking we have a not perfect but not as bad as some track re racism..

Or was i misunderstanding? the issue of the royals has nothing to do with the other things you mention which, yes I agree, I don't like any discrimination. Whatever  is being written we need to remember that the prince has free choice of whom he marries.. just watch and see!  It's not like the rest of the royals have been snow white.. and we don't expect it.. Prince Charles was allowed to divorce and remarry... and long gone are the days where royals are expected to marry other royals.. Kate Middleton being an example there along with other recent marriages. 

I do think tho that history and expectations apply more to the royals.. like your friend Trump they are in a position where they are expected to lead by example.. to be holier than thou and to choose carefully... it doesn't always work that way in reality but there is, undoubtedly, higher expectation re royals.. that's all this is.. they WILL be criticised for their choices... it happens.. it won't stop them but yes, there are those, (not lawmakers or anyone with influence) who will criticise choices... It mustbe hard and onerous to be a royal don't you think? They face pressures and criticism that we don't .. so all I am saying is.. the prince can choose who he wishes... but yes, certainly they are expected to choose wisely... and that means someone who will reflect well on the royals and on her husband..  Loving wife is important but we have to remember that duty comes into it as well.. they certainly haven't chosen well in recent years with several divorces and this kinda proves that actually they CAN marry who they like..
    I would highlight the case of Mrs Simpson.. her man married for love... and he was willing to give up the crown for that.... but things are very different now.. divorce is allowed, marrying previously married partners is allowed and prince Harry can marry whomsoever he wishes :) 
      January 16, 2018 3:11 PM MST