Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What is the most recent thing that happened to you in real life that closely mirrored a scene from a romantic comedy? ~

What is the most recent thing that happened to you in real life that closely mirrored a scene from a romantic comedy? ~

Posted - January 16, 2018

Responses

Hmm... Are those the ones where zany situations pull them closer together? I don't have one that ends with happy couple laughs. :/ 

I should preface this by saying that a week or so, my beau made a comment that he was surprised he hadn't gotten into a fight with anyone over me. I laughed and said that's because I give all men the look of death, and they're smart enough not to approach me most of the time. The rare times they do, I end the conversation as quickly as possible.

So, my beau and I went to a show last weekend. After the show, he kind of did his own thing, so I went and sat alone. One of the band members started chatting with me. You guys have all heard the odd stories of how people interact with me in real life. It wasn't a normal conversation. He basically locked eyes with me and started pouring out his soul, like telling me about his deepest "failures" as a person. He was flirting too, but again, not normal flirting. It was this deep "please accept me even though I'm messed up" type plea. Which, ok... I'm not going to be a total b and just walk away when someone is clearly in need of a shoulder, but it was weird because I felt trapped. I normally listen out of compassion, and I can create physical distance when someone gets too amorous, but I really felt obligated to listen because he was in the band. And was sad. :/ My beau eventually came over, but not to rescue me- noooo- to get his danged album signed. You would think that he'd get a clue when the guy keeps talking to me as he signs my beau's album, but nope. My beau just waited politely, took the album, and started walking away again. I used that as my way to politely exit, and I asked my beau to leave, but he basically told me it was no big deal and to relax. "He was just flirting." Ugh. No. -_- 

Then, he heads to the bar and strikes up a conversation with the bartender. I eventually get frustrated and tell him I'll wait outside for him. So, I go out and start chatting with a woman waiting for her ride. Polite conversation. My beau comes out  10-15 minutes later and he joins in. Next thing I know, the woman is talking about how she's taking me home. Not only did I miss the fact that she was gay, I apparently missed the fact that she had been flirting with me. My beau laughed and said it wasn't happening because I was with him. "She's not with you," the lady says. "If she was with you, she would't have been alone all night." Then, my mom called from the hospital and I had to take it, so I missed most of the argument. Priceless. Had that been a man, I can almost guarantee he wouldn't have scolded my beau for leaving me alone, so I have to give that woman kudos for her tenacity. And, I think it served him right to hear from someone other than myself that it wasn't cool to leave me alone so long. He still didn't get it, and I suspect he never will, but I got at least a little chuckle out of having good cause to abandon him at the end, particularly in that situation, and an extra chuckle because his "fight" over me wasn't with a man. Did not see that one coming. 
      January 16, 2018 9:46 PM MST

• Very much enjoyed that story, JA.
    Thank you! :D
      January 17, 2018 1:10 AM MST