Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Is it a waste of time to continue posting new items on AnswerMug's Free-For-All Adult Group? It's a ghost town in there, really. ~

Is it a waste of time to continue posting new items on AnswerMug's Free-For-All Adult Group? It's a ghost town in there, really. ~

Posted - January 21, 2018

Responses

I've never been there.  I've never been to visit a group.  
      January 21, 2018 9:39 PM MST

*shrugs* We used to have a group who was anti-moderation, so it was created to appease them. Oddly enough, they never used it. Apparently, having a space where you can pretty much do whatever ruins the cool factor of doing so. It's much more fun to give the admin a hard time about how the general policies are too restrictive. 

The reality is that it isn't being used for what it was set up for, but I don't know if that's because we have a mostly mellow group of people now who don't mind interacting with a sense of decorum or if it's a psychological fail, simply because rebels don't want their rebellion to be ok. 

You do get answers there, but you've been mostly using it as carryover from adultMug, and while that's technically within the bounds of what it was built for, free-for-all was supposed to be all-encompassing. And, I mostly use it because I know the audience is smaller and I can usually get away with venting there, or I can hide questions I don't want the general public to see there. Also not really its intended purpose. 

The only real rules in there are no spam and don't post anything illegal. So, I guess if you really want it to get used, start posting the most offensive stuff you can think of in there. That's the only way to know if it will actually get use. Otherwise, it's just a catchall for questions us grownups don't have another place for, or for occasional overflow from adultMug, which again, is ok, but it doesn't make it different than other areas of the site. 

Also, there's this dude who keeps cross-posting stuff, like posting the same things here and there. It makes me conflicted and I don't know where to answer it. -_-
      January 21, 2018 10:41 PM MST

About the guy who posts willy-nilly everywhere, everyone should probably just answer everything he puts up; you know how they say we should humor the crazy ones. 

In my case, I never post anything offensive, so I wouldn't be of much help in that arena. 
    ~
      January 21, 2018 11:05 PM MST

• "Okay, I'm with you fellas."

January 22, 2018 12:11 AM MST

It reminds me of posting a question on here in the mornings that occupy only one poster.
      January 22, 2018 4:26 AM MST

Dude...Coming here at all is a waste of time. That's why we are here. (JK, JA)
      January 22, 2018 6:38 AM MST

Never joined that group.
      January 22, 2018 9:24 AM MST