Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Now, I've heard it all - Camels disqualified from a beauty pageant!

Now, I've heard it all - Camels disqualified from a beauty pageant!

Twelve camels were disqualified from a camel beauty contest in Saudi Arabia because their lips were injected with Botox and some of them had their ears clipped. 

Things that make you think, "WTH?"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/01/24/camels-disqualified-saudi-arabia-beauty-pageant-using-botox/1060842001/  

Posted - January 24, 2018

Responses

Well...alrighty then!  Is that like the Saudi version of a 4H fair?  :) 
      January 24, 2018 5:36 PM MST

LOL ... I don't know what the heck it is!
      January 24, 2018 5:54 PM MST

• Arabs take their animal beauty pageants seriously..
    Camels of different breeds, Saluki dogs, Peregrine falcons, and Arabian horses must conform to breed standards due to genes alone.
    Makes sense if the standard of beauty is determined by function - which it is.
    Among the princes, it is considered a cultural duty to keep the Bedouin heritage alive.

At the Scottsdale Arabian championships, Arabian horses have been disqualified for plastic surgery,
    ginger juice on wire brushes in the anus to make the horse prance with its tail higher,
    the use of cocaine addiction to change behaviour in the show ring, and more.

If the Arabs do such things, it's safe bet that animal competitions everywhere are just as suspect.
      January 24, 2018 8:21 PM MST

That is a new one for me too. This sounds plain nuts.
      January 25, 2018 10:40 AM MST