Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What is a dish that you made up own your own that's never been done before?

What is a dish that you made up own your own that's never been done before?

Posted - January 29, 2018

Responses

There is no such thing.  

Anything I make has been done somewhere by someone else.   

January 29, 2018 5:37 PM MST

No me as such Zac, but my parents made a dish around about nearly almost thirty years ago that turned out rather stunning ....
    You might not be aware of her  ,but she often frequents AnswerMug to out wit Wacky people .......obviously it's not something she enjoys ,but when you've got it why not flaunt it...    Hehe 

January 29, 2018 6:46 PM MST

Unlikely that I've concocted anything truly original. I do like to take 2-3 recipes and sort of mix them up/combine them, though. They always turn out pretty good. 
      January 29, 2018 6:57 PM MST

• A variation of Gazpacho -
    Three-colour soup for special occasions,
    very showy, healthy, and delicious for hot summer days.

Use roughly equal quantities of onion, cucumber, red capsicum, green capsicum, parsley and tomatoe.
    Less onion and more cucumber if you don't like it too spikey.
    Lebanese cucumbers have less bitterness in the skin.
    Ripe tomatoes are essential for the natural sweetness and fragrance.
    One tablespoon virgin olive oil per person.
    One desertspoon vinegar per person.
    Variation, balsamic vinegar, add to the red mix, not the white.
    Variation, add white apple flesh to the white pulp. Add the apple skins to the coloured pulps.
    Variation, add a fourth colour composed of yellow cherry tomatoes and yellow capsicum with a touch of turmeric.

1. Machine blend white onions, white pulp of cucumbers, garlic, olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, pepper & iodised salt.
    2. Machine blend ripe tomatoes, red capsicum and tomatoe tripple concentrate. Add a little chilli to taste if preferred.
    3. Machine blend green skins of Lebanese cucumbers, green capsicums and parsley.
    4. Chill each mix in separate bowls in fridge.
    5. Keeping separate, dice into pea-sized bits a handful each of red capsicum, ripe cherry tomatoes, and curly parsley and set aside for garnish.

1. To serve - select plain bowls with a colour that contrasts. I use deep cobalt blue pottery.
    2. Fill a glass with the mix - red, white or green - you want between the outer and inner,
    3. place the bowl upside down over the glass. Hold the glass rim firmly against the bowl and flip the bowl upright. 
    4. Pour the outside colour around the glass. Slowly and smoothly lift up the glass.
    5. Ladle the remaining colour into the centre.
    6. sprinkle the bits of garnish each into their own colour. Adds texture to the mouthfeel of the soup.

Serve with something very crisp like wholemeal rye carraway toast or croutons.

January 30, 2018 12:17 AM MST

I was serving breakfast  burritos at least 20 years before they became a thing.  I can't say I was the first but I can say mine came from my own idea.  My family loved them.  I fed them a hot breakfast every day. I incorrectly thought that all cold cereals were crap back then.  Cooking and doing dishes along with showers and dressing kidlets make for a very busy morning.  I often felt like I was starting a second shift when I got to the office. 
      January 30, 2018 12:45 AM MST

i never made anything new like that
      February 14, 2018 5:28 PM MST