Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Will you take a few moments to watch this U-tube clip? Will you help send it viral?

Will you take a few moments to watch this U-tube clip? Will you help send it viral?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ8eUzBj-bg

It's brief and easy to understand.

It names the studies that provide the proof;
who did them, when, where, why and how.

For those who might not know,
it explains the meaning of scientific consensus.

For those who claim that it's some kind of conspiracy,
it provides proof that it is not.

Posted - January 29, 2018

Responses

Here's an embed for easier viewing.

Personally, I got distracted by the second clip... I wonder what event that was from and where it was filmed. That's where I live and I don't recognize the space. Off topic, I know, but it's bothering me. 
      January 29, 2018 11:00 PM MST

• I'll see if I can find out. Thanks.
      January 29, 2018 11:38 PM MST

Very valid points. What is the solution? 
      January 30, 2018 1:43 AM MST

• The well-known solutions:
    Convert to renewable energy sources: solar, solar thermal, geothermal, wind and hydro.
    Electric vehicles recharged from solar roof panels. Cars are now coming on the market. Trams and uses have been in use in some countries for some time. (Trucks are now being developed. Even aircraft.)
    Lifestyles which minimise waste and unnecessary consumption.
    Architecture and building design which uses natural temperature control, and uses the least energy expensive materials.
    Not burning forests such as the Amazon. Not burning sugarcane fields.
    Composting food waste and using it in home gardens.
    Re-using and recycling everything to minimise energy use.

Less well-known:
    Use of algae and seaweed to use up carbon-dioxide, produce more oxygen and produce new products.
    Use of carbon sink technologies to trap carbon-dioxide.

Problems not yet solved - how to prevent release of methane from melting permafrost.

Converting all these very rapidly by 2020 - 2059 at the latest
      January 30, 2018 9:56 AM MST

No, Sorry but spreading the word is useless when so many people stand to loose a lot of their wealth when global warming happens, It is a lot more comfortable to cry "conspiracy" and ignore all the data.

And as you know there are tonnes of claimed conspiracies on this sublect. One of the fummiest is "The Chinese Conspiracy". It goes something like this:
      "china is the most post populated country in the world. There are over a billion of them. And they breathe all the time. Do you know how much CO2 a billion people breathes out every day? It is China's fault CO2 levels in the atmosphere is going up so fast. Not ours, it is not our fault ..."

I am sure you (and any thinking person) can find plenty of holes in that 'logic', but for the person believing it is it "case closed" after he said his spiel. He just dont want to hear anything that contradict it.

Try reading the user comments under the video.
      January 30, 2018 10:33 AM MST

cant click on it
      February 14, 2018 5:23 PM MST