Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » History » If you could relive your honeymoon would you change anything?

If you could relive your honeymoon would you change anything?

We took a long road trip through the mountains, but we didn't really plan it out the best.
I was fine just winging it, but my beautiful bride was not. LoL!

I guess if I could do it over I would look at a map first. 
Otherwise it was fun. : )

Where did you go on your honeymoon and if you could relive it would you change anything?

Posted - January 30, 2018

Responses

We were struggling students when we got married.  Neither of us had any parents to speak of but my cousin did pay for a hotel room for us. (God bless him).  Decades later we had a belated honeymoon, our 40th wedding anniversary, in Northern California.  That was quite a big change from the first unhoneymoon.
      January 30, 2018 7:31 PM MST

***Congratualtions!!!***  40 years is a wonderfully long time!! 
    !!!! Cheers !!!!

And what a fun place to go for your 40th anniversary!  I hope you had a romantic and enjoyable time.  I'm glad you found the time to take one. 
      January 30, 2018 9:03 PM MST

• It's kind of a sweet story though you know?
    I always respect couples that get married with no money because you know that they must really love each other.

We didn't have much money either.
    We had a very small wedding and I paid for the honeymoon with a savings bond that my mother had saved for me since I was a child.
    We're not together anymore, but we did make it15 years and we have a great child so it was all worth it. : )

January 30, 2018 10:40 PM MST

Inline image 1

Inline image 3

Inline image 2
    No.  I would not change the Greek Islands nor would I change the person I married.  We had a wonderful time.  I can say, I wish the black beaches on Santorini weren't so hot... but other than that, we had a BLAST!  For the reasons we went, and at that age, we had the time of our lives.  It was one of the best trips we've ever taken!!
    If I had the opportunity to do it again at our ages now, I might do things a little differently.  I would go for a lot more lounging around and a lot less exploring of the islands.  Will you please pass the Ouzo? Thanks! ;) ;)
      January 30, 2018 9:23 PM MST

• Sounds awesome!!!
    I often read your replies and I see you mention "Don" I believe?
    I can tell that you must love him. 
    Thanks. : )

January 30, 2018 10:43 PM MST

Awwwee!  Thank you Truthseeker.  "I Do" love Don very much as he does me.   I am very lucky. 
    We've been together a long time and never a dull moment has been had.  Not 40 years yet but we will get there sooner than we know :) Time flies when you're having fun. 
    Our Honeymoon was a trip our friends and family bought for us.  We didn't ask for China or Silver, monogrammed bath towels or waffle irons for wedding gifts.  In fact, I think I only registered at one store and that was because it was the proper thing to do.  My Grammie and mom made me!  Big smiles! All we asked for were drachmas!  This was back in 1996 when they were still using them.  I've heard they cease to be used and euros took their place.  So, many thanks to all our friends and family who helped make our honeymoon what it was.  The beginning of a wonderful life together. :)  Thanks again Truthseeker.  You really are a very nice person.  Love, Merlin This post was edited by Merlin at January 31, 2018 4:01 PM MST
      January 30, 2018 11:21 PM MST

• Awww...thank you.
    I think you're nice as well. : )
      January 31, 2018 11:29 AM MST

We couldn't take much of a honeymoon because of my job and his school as well as no money.  His parents wanted us to wait until we graduated college to marry and we refused so.  We did manage a couple of days up in the Smokies which was wonderful.  Then about a year later, he graduated and we went to Europe for about six weeks.  We were poor but back then the dollar was so strong it cost almost nothing to be over there.  It was my first trip to Europe and I haven't had another one to compare.  We had a ball and skipped almost every major city.  
      January 30, 2018 10:40 PM MST

• Wow!
    Sounds like a lot of fun.
    Thanks for sharing. : )
      January 30, 2018 10:46 PM MST

Yes maybe save up enough money so we could afford to both go at the same time together. 
      January 31, 2018 7:58 AM MST

• LoL, exactly.
    I hope you two got to go on your actual honeymoon together. : )
      January 31, 2018 11:31 AM MST

Yeah next time we might borrow her uncle's car so we can drive somewhere and sleep together in the car.
      January 31, 2018 12:03 PM MST

• Yes.

We went to the Daintree National Park. It was absolutely beautiful and well worth seeing.

But now that the Great Barrier Reef is dying, I wish we had gone there, to see it while it still had areas of good health and spectacular diversity.
      January 31, 2018 4:00 PM MST

• That sounds like an interesting and beautiful honeymoon, thanks for sharing. : )

Yes, that's very sad about the Great Barrier Reef.
    Something to do with climate change I believe?
    Scary for sure.
      January 31, 2018 11:07 PM MST

i wish someone wouldve asked me to marry them in the first place but noone has ever been interested
      February 14, 2018 4:33 PM MST