Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What is the most disgusting or scary thing that ever happened in your neighborhood?

What is the most disgusting or scary thing that ever happened in your neighborhood?

Best not mention any names . . . OK, she says you MUST divulge the names of any participants, perpetrators, collaborators or victims.

Posted - February 2, 2018

Responses

A Latino woman across the street, Lydia, stepped out of her front door and yelled "Hey, I just F***ed a N******. She got evicted.
      February 2, 2018 2:34 PM MST

For the asterisks?
      February 2, 2018 2:46 PM MST

is this true. I mean, really? It almost sounds possible, but I don't know.
      February 2, 2018 3:38 PM MST

Yes...very true. She was a raging drunk and when she got evicted she destroyed the inside of the house.
      February 3, 2018 6:41 AM MST

Littering. I don't his name, he was just passing through.
      February 2, 2018 3:32 PM MST

'
    This post was edited by rattbagge at February 2, 2018 3:40 PM MST
      February 2, 2018 3:39 PM MST

. . . no bloody remains, no ruined lives, no 'the neighborhood will never be the same again' - Jane, I envy you your neighborhood.  This post was edited by rattbagge at February 3, 2018 6:42 AM MST
      February 2, 2018 3:39 PM MST

1950, when children still played outside alone. The neighbor kids had a race around the block and I won, but the kid with the flag claimed that the kid behind me won. I don't even remember what stupid reason he offered, but I told him I didn't care, I won the race. I don't remember playing with that kid much after that. It still hurts that he turned against me.
      February 2, 2018 8:40 PM MST

Tough call. I actually live in a good neighborhood, but there are all kinds of crazy disturbing things that happen here. A couple weeks ago, a teenager jumped the curb and hit a woman walking her dogs on the sidewalk. The woman is alive, but there's a chance she will never go home. No word on what the teen was doing, but my money's on texting. 

My neighbor died in his front yard. Everyone was going to work and school. Nobody noticed him lying on the ground. If they had, he'd probably still be alive. 

Another neighbor shot himself in the head. I found it disturbing because he lived across the street from me and I didn't even realize he was depressed, let alone suicidal. 

At a house party a couple years back, there was a murder a street over. I think it was gang-related. One guy was shot in the head. 

There was also an incident where police were certain a mother was holding her children hostage and planned to kill them, so the SWAT team came in and did a flash bomb that shook the whole neighborhood. False alarm. No kids were present. She only wanted to kill herself. There's a bright spot, eh?

Before I moved in, there was a police shootout with some robbery suspects. 

Maybe two years ago, some robbers went in through the back door of a neighbor's home. A woman, her two small children, and her father lived there. The robbers got spooked by the father and shot the woman. She died. 

We also had a cat killer... some messed up guy was catching strays and house cats who got out and poisoning them. He later upped his game and started mutilating them and skinning them alive. It took them like a year to figure out who it was. He went to prison, but actually came back to the neighborhood upon release. 

And then, of course, there's the neighborhood "cheer mom," who manages to get drunk at every holiday gathering. I guess you'd have to see it to understand how disturbing it is. Not quite on par with animal mutilation or murders, but she deserves an honorable mention. 
      February 3, 2018 1:39 AM MST

I thought you said it was a good neighborhood.
      February 3, 2018 6:44 AM MST

Nothing in my current neighborhood.
    I almost burnt the neighborhood down burning leaves. I was fighting it alone and had no phone to call for help. 
    About 22yrs ago, I lived out in the country in the middle of 22 acres. I was having a new couch delivered. The truck got stuck in my driveway. While waiting for the tow truck the delivery men went to the front of the drive. And the next thing I knew they were at the door pounding to get in. Saying someone shot at them. One man was black. I of course let them in and got my shot gun out as we waited for the sheriff. The black guy was like they don't pay me enough for this and wanted to know if my gun was loaded...it was. 
    Sheriff got there and the shooter was arrested, and I got my couch. We found out that the shooter was shooting at the white delivery man...he owed him a bunch of money. 
      February 3, 2018 5:46 AM MST

nothing that i know of
      February 4, 2018 4:32 PM MST