Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Wine makers on the Mediterranean use to tread grapes to make it. Because they were worked so hard they had to wee in the grape juices..

Wine makers on the Mediterranean use to tread grapes to make it. Because they were worked so hard they had to wee in the grape juices..

This pratice was only stopped in the nineteen nineties when it was banned..... 
Would you still buy vintage bottles from that era ...? 

Posted - February 4, 2018

Responses

i would never buy their stuff if they did that
      February 4, 2018 2:44 PM MST

It said it fermented,along with the grape juice....  :( 

Every one did it as wel.....
      February 4, 2018 2:51 PM MST

• Probably not.
    Wines turn to vinegar past their peak; to improve past 10 - 15 years is rare.
    I love a good, aged Australian Cabernet-Sauvignon but can only afford it twice a year. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 5, 2018 7:32 AM MST
      February 4, 2018 3:08 PM MST

The major supermarkets sell quite nice wines over here from around  £3. Pounds upwards.....There are some really nice ones if you know what your buying.....

How much is wine in the States ! 

Cab-Sav is £ 4/5 pounds upwards....
      February 4, 2018 3:45 PM MST

• I live in Australia,
    so have no idea about American wines,
    though I've heard the Californian ones win world-class prizes.

February 5, 2018 12:47 AM MST

The French lost all their vines to a blight many years ago and had to import French vines back from California .....so technicaly there is no French vine any more....

How much is a bottle in Australia ?
      February 5, 2018 6:00 AM MST

I don't believe it.

1990?  That is an era?  

Come on.  That is the entire history of life on earth sans 20 years.

???  Fine wines don't have piss in the bottles.  I don't know what kind of swill this refers to.

This is why I smoke weed.  I don't care if someone uses "fertilizer" on that.  

February 4, 2018 10:02 PM MST

On the documentary on TV about Sicily history yesterday ... that's exactly what they said they did up until 1990  when the European Union stoped them doing it.....  Grapes were trodden by dirty feet out in the middle  of the vineyards....they chose an indentation in the Rock and lined it with plastic sheeting and then jumped in and trod the grapes...
    They were worked so hard that none got out of the pit to take a leak.....I wasn't there myself and I'm just passing on what I see and heard on tv.....
      February 5, 2018 6:14 AM MST

The only wine I drink comes in a box, so it is probably a year old.
      February 5, 2018 7:34 AM MST

I would think that's safe as its all machine pressed now......
    Olive oil is spun  to get the oil out of it now .... it's not pressed any more 
      February 5, 2018 10:37 AM MST