Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you are a "chip off the old block" are you proud of or embarrassed by it? Why? Are your kids chips off you?

If you are a "chip off the old block" are you proud of or embarrassed by it? Why? Are your kids chips off you?

Posted - February 13, 2018

Responses

Anxiety and depression run in my family.  I really felt cursed by it, especially when I saw it get passed down to my own children.  But the good news is, is that there is a lot more awareness of it and better treatments.  
      February 13, 2018 11:05 AM MST

I'm so sorry to hear that sweetie. We have a close friend who suffers from bouts of depression as does his mom and two siblings. I guess that means it's genetic? Anyway with him the doc kept trying different combinations of meds till something worked. I think getting through life is tough enough as it is. Being weighed down or burdened by extra challenges as you are doesn't seem fair to me. Are you doing OK PeaPod? I know our friend has good days and some that aren't so hot. I guess everyone does but for those who suffer from depression it just gets more intense. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 14, 2018 9:56 AM MST
      February 14, 2018 3:37 AM MST

I'm doing well Rosie.  Thank-you!  I have an incredible network that keeps me going.  My son is the one that really is inflicted and that is a very painful chapter of my life.  But I am not alone in that either, thank goodness.  I have learned to enjoy the little moments of life and just take things one day at a time.  Age has also done a lot to make me more accepting of things.  None of us really have it easy when you look.  Just being able to count my blessings keeps things in perspective.  

Thanks for asking.  I am here any time you want to chat off the boards.  You are a good soul Rosie.
      February 14, 2018 9:55 AM MST