Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » The Grim Reaper says it's your time to go, but he likes you so you can choose to take few people with you. Who do you take? Why?

The Grim Reaper says it's your time to go, but he likes you so you can choose to take few people with you. Who do you take? Why?

Posted - February 13, 2018

Responses

Umm... my initial thought was "nobody," but then my mind went to terminally ill or chronically ill people who just want to go, so I figured anyone who felt "done" could come along. After a few more moments, I realized I really should be taking a prominent political figure with me. lol I'll leave it at that. 
      February 13, 2018 1:09 PM MST

Yes, I think if a person put a lot of thought into it they could have a major impact on many world issues by taking the right few people along.
    Thank you for your response.

February 13, 2018 1:27 PM MST

First I was thinking no one, then I thought of those who are in tremendous wall pounding pain at the end of their life.  They could choose, however that doesn't feel right either.  If push came to shove I would not choose nor let anyone else choose to go.  We are not God, life and death is his decision and his alone. 
      February 13, 2018 1:51 PM MST

Hi Chloe~ Man, what a question!  I have spent a lot of time with the elderly and vets and listened to their stories.  Some I wish I could help so much more because I still see life in their eyes and  hear it through their voices.  Others I know are just asking to go.  But the hardest one that comes to mind is a person very dear to me that just died. 
    I'm not sure if she was scared or if she wanted to share the experience.  She was an incredibly wonderful person who helped many in every facet of life.  I'm really not sure what realm she was reaching for when she looked at me with painful, yet knowing eyes, and said, "come with me.  I want to go home."  I held her hand and with tears in my eyes,  I said, "I can't Grammie.  I am going to  my home in L.A.  Remember?  That's where Don and I live."  She squeezed my hand tightly and shook a little harder. 
    I looked at my mom and then my dad, who stood up and said, "Come on pumpkin, we gotta go so you can catch your plane."
    I share this private moment with you because  I've since wondered if she literally wanted me to go with her. 
    So, with her in mind, I am going to selflessly say, no one.  I would like everyone to live their lives to their fullest and know, "I'll see them on the other side!"  Until then, have fun with your life and enjoy every moment.  We'll meet again, soon!

This post was edited by Merlin at February 15, 2018 11:39 AM MST
      February 13, 2018 4:54 PM MST

To make America TRULY Great Again

February 13, 2018 5:25 PM MST

noone, dont need company if im dead
      February 13, 2018 7:30 PM MST

I feel for so many answers that have been posted.
    Even to get rid of Trump for the rest of the world would be a joy,
    and very tempting LOL
    but it is not my choice to take a life out of existence,
    that's for the one who gave life... 
    ...so...no one.
    ...besides if I take some bad dudes with me
    I might be kicked out of where it is that I was...haha
      February 15, 2018 11:47 AM MST