Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you usually wake up happy or grumpy? Does it last all day? Ever decide how you were going to feel and make it happen? Because?

Do you usually wake up happy or grumpy? Does it last all day? Ever decide how you were going to feel and make it happen? Because?

Posted - August 4, 2016

Responses

I think you probably  anticipated my answer...;-D...

August 4, 2016 2:55 PM MDT

I'll wake up happy when he finally takes some positive action in my behalf. 

August 4, 2016 3:05 PM MDT

Way back in the day when I had a lot of responsibilities at work I was occasionally grumpy in the morning, but I honestly can't remember the last time I woke up that way. I wake up every morning with a smile and I can't wait to see what the day has in store for me, everyday is an exciting day! I never have to decide or make myself happy, it just comes as it should, naturally.

Whoa!!!   for being part of that happiness.

August 4, 2016 6:48 PM MDT

I don't do mornings.
      August 4, 2016 10:29 PM MDT

I was hoping! Mahalo for your reply OS and Grump Cat. Happy Friday! :)

August 5, 2016 1:35 AM MDT

"he" being your S/O? Thank you for your reply Sunshine and Happy Friday. With your moniker I would have thought every day would be a sunshine day! :)

August 5, 2016 1:36 AM MDT

Ditto kiddo! I wake up happy. I always have. I was married to a guy many years ago who was a real grump until he had his coffee and his cigarettes. Jim wakes up happy every day too! We're a good match. Thank you for your reply BSurf and Happy Friday! :)

August 5, 2016 1:37 AM MDT

I don't do nights Uc.  I'm definitely a morning person. So you're a real grumpus in the morning then? Good to know. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee! :)

August 5, 2016 1:38 AM MDT

Grumpy, and it can remain or not during all day, it depends of the circumstances.

August 5, 2016 3:13 AM MDT

O dear. Okay. Thank you for your reply OW and Happy Friday! Is today a grumpy day?

August 5, 2016 3:24 AM MDT

Yeah. Usually there's always a reason to be grumpy these days.

August 5, 2016 3:26 AM MDT

Well I agree with that. But you don't have to focus on what's wrong and be a grumpus. You can focus on what's right can't you? There are some things that are shiny and silvery and fine. Not everything is doomy gloomy and dark. :)

August 5, 2016 3:56 AM MDT

I always wake up happy as long as there is coffee.

August 5, 2016 6:13 PM MDT

((hugs)) You took the words right outta my mouth! The one day of the year I get VERY grumpy is when I have to take a fasting blood test for my yearly physical. We get up early and I make coffee IMMEDIATELY! So having to fast until after 8am when the lab opens is a real hardship. Of course I make coffee for Jim and then I take mine and put it in a thermos so I can drink it in the car on our way home. Other than that I'm a very happy gal. I'm a morning person. I always have been. When I was younger and out on dates of course I could be a Night Owl because of the fun and excitement. But on my own in my home? A night owl is the last thing you would say about me. Fortunately Jim is the same. We both LOVE early morning and we kinda start to fade in the late afternoon. It's a good thing we're retired! Thank you for your reply. I hear ya loud and clear m'dear!  Loud and clear!  :)

August 6, 2016 7:10 AM MDT

Us coffee addicts have to stick together LOL.

August 6, 2016 10:26 AM MDT

Always happy to be alive for another day haha
      August 6, 2016 12:47 PM MDT

You betchure bippy my friend! :)  Shades of Laugh-In! :)

August 7, 2016 4:49 AM MDT

Every day in every way I am very appreciate/grateful for my life. Purposely and purposefully.  Thank you for your reply Baba! :)

August 7, 2016 4:50 AM MDT

August 7, 2016 9:59 AM MDT

I wake up happy and sometimes anxious.  I have reasons FOR that so it is silly to pretend all is well when all may not be.

But my attitude is good and I usually am able to maintain that daily.  Not always.  If I wake up tired?  All bets are off.  Not because I am in a bad mood, but rather because I cannot function as well when I am mentally and/or physically exhausted. 

August 7, 2016 10:15 AM MDT

There are nights when I don't sleep well so the next day I just take more naps than usual. We get up very early and toward late afternoon we're apt to "rest our eyes". A lot! But I am happy every day. I'm a morning person and always have been. Of course I'm older now and so when I first get out of I walk like a stiff-legged Zombie until the stiffness wears off and the blood gets circulated. Pain, however, does not make me happy. Severe pain is a joy-killer. Thank you for your reply  Sharonna!  :)

August 8, 2016 5:28 AM MDT