Discussion » Questions » Music » Is there a movie's theme song that you think is horribly mismatched? If so, why? ~

Is there a movie's theme song that you think is horribly mismatched? If so, why? ~

Posted - February 15, 2018

Responses

I've thought about this question a lot and finally a 'Quasi-Answer' has come to me.
    "Quasi" because it's not the movie's official theme but it IS the music that occurs over the movie's opening five minute scene.

This joyous music plays over an agonizing conglomeration of slow-motion action of workers on a hill in the sun. I'd post the scene but none of the videos I saw play the whole scene -- I have this scene memorized and all of the videos have only two minutes-or-so when the "scene-and-music" are about five minutes.
    Here is a recording from the soundtrack of the scene with the complete music. Joyous sounding! Even a children's chorus is included!
    Yet, the movie scene with it is anything but joyous.

Mismatched, yes. But I LOVE how totally opposite they are! It works for me wonderfully.

Oh, the movie is "Powaqqatsi" and the music is "Serra Pelada" composed by Philip Glass.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 27, 2018 5:54 PM MST
      February 27, 2018 5:48 PM MST