Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Eighteen separate school shootings in America in just 43 days this year. No mention of how many dead or injured ....

Eighteen separate school shootings in America in just 43 days this year. No mention of how many dead or injured ....

Why isnt the American government doing anything to stop it happening again......one day it will effect their own kids and only then will things have to change.....
How sad and pathetic is that....l

All American parents need to band together today to force change into their government..... 

Posted - February 17, 2018

Responses

Very very true Nice Jugs
    Unfortunately US Gov. is Corrupt.
    How long this has been going on
    and nothing done.
         Even now after this 
    and the President  does nothing
    Congress does nothing
    This kid bought his AR15 Legally...
    should be illegal for sure
    NRA wields too much power
    Congress backs them
    and it all goes on...
         Tax cuts for the rich to get richer
    cancelled ADA for the disabled
    Dreamers dream is ending
    Corruption has become the norm
    under Trumps rule......
         Have a happy day NJ

February 17, 2018 7:37 AM MST

I find it so hard to believe that it goes on almost daily and yet still nothing's done to stop it or at least make it a tiny bit harder.....
    I can't really feel happy after reading about it...... 
    Xx
      February 17, 2018 7:45 AM MST

...am just watching the news with a senior from the school
    speaking at a rally...OMG she is good
    tears streaming down her face as she reads her statement
    tears streaming down my face as I am listening to her speak.
    all the people are cheering as she speaks, she is speaking
    with such passion, such heartfelt truths 
    about the lack gun control.
         She is giving many examples...Australia she is saying had a massacre 
    in 99 or something and they introduced Gun Control and 
    no problems since...
         This girl is going to be a force in this world.
    Catch it if you can and see if you don't have tears.

February 17, 2018 11:46 AM MST

I'm English and we don't really have daily access to what goes on anywhere around the globe....only small quips are reported and really only bad things make headlines and I suppose make vast amounts of money for news companies like Reuters .   
    Do you know her name.....hopefully she can unite everyone and force the government to get if their arse and at least try to look like they are working......

You would really think every political party would want to join together and stop these things ever happening again...

Dont hold your breath .......it will always just be swept under the carpet....
      February 17, 2018 1:29 PM MST

Emma Gonzalez
      February 19, 2018 7:23 AM MST

Thanks ....I'll try looking her up....xx
      February 19, 2018 3:10 PM MST

I just learned the 18 school shootings number is complete BS.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-2018-that-number-is-flat-wrong/2018/02/15/65b6cf72-1264-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.9254fb0e5a7c&__twitter_impression=true This post was edited by my2cents at February 19, 2018 7:41 AM MST
      February 19, 2018 7:30 AM MST

These are the true numbers of shooting we have had since 1999.

An ongoing Washington Post analysis has found that more than 150,000 students attending at least 170 primary or secondary schools have experienced a shooting on campus since the Columbine High School massacre in 1999. That figure, which comes from a review of online archives, state and federal enrollment figures and news stories, is a conservative calculation and does not include dozens of suicides, accidents and after-school assaults that have also exposed youths to gunfire.
      February 19, 2018 11:34 AM MST

One school shooting early on in the year is bad enough and a testament to the inability of human government to stop the violence in the world. (Jeremiah 10:23)
      February 20, 2018 11:08 PM MST