Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you believe in a Supreme Being is it HIS/HER job to make the bad go away by making more good? Or is it ours?

If you believe in a Supreme Being is it HIS/HER job to make the bad go away by making more good? Or is it ours?

If you don't do you then take all the blame on your shoulders and know there is  no  DEUS EX MACHINA to save your a** or any other part of you?

Posted - February 17, 2018

Responses

St Augustine- "God would not allow any evil to exist unless out of it draw a greater good" This is part of the wisdom and goodness of God. 

I don't know if I could accept that statement. An all knowing, all powerful, absolutely perfect God able to prevent bad/evil from happening in the first place -if he exists. 
      February 17, 2018 8:48 AM MST

Or by allowing evil and suffering and having an eternity to have things come to fruition, He may have planned something incredibly wonderful as he transforms what we see as evil to eventually be redeemed and serve the good.

Now that is really being "all powerful."
      February 17, 2018 10:29 AM MST

At the age of 12 I was a Sunday School teacher Kg. From an early age I was taught that God is Love. That is very hard to grow up out of and set aside. I talk to God every day. Do I know for a fact that He is there or anyone? Of course not. That is what "faith" is. Now human beings develop crutches to get through life. Alcohol, drugs, sex. You name it. Well maybe religion is a crutch too. I don't know for sure. How could I? I only know that in times of stress and distress I pray to God. If He is not there I shall never know. If He is how can it hurt? I figure if I do what comforts ME as long as it doesn't harm anyone whose business is it but mine? Some of my loved ones are atheists. So what? They don't know any more than I do. We just make choices based on whatever comforts us and I absolutely DEPLORE those who look down upon others for their beliefs. They are arrogant and ignorant to suppose they KNOW.  So that's where I stand on this issue. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      February 17, 2018 11:09 AM MST