Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » More guns= more deaths. Any questions?

More guns= more deaths. Any questions?

Posted - February 17, 2018

Responses

That pretty much sums it up. Happy Saturday Rosie.
      February 17, 2018 9:41 AM MST

Doesn't take a genius to figger it out my friend. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom. SIGH. I wonder where and when the next gun-based slaughter/carnage/massacre will be? Doth thee?  :(
      February 18, 2018 6:03 AM MST

Just keep watching the news. Something will happen somewhere I am sure.
    Happy Sunday Rosie.
      February 18, 2018 12:08 PM MST

Once again I agree with thee. Sadly. Thank you for your reply. I don't remember reading about or hearing about 18 school shootings in 2018 Lulu'sMom. Do you? Maybe they occur in places that don't publicize them because not enough kids were killed? I mean how do they decide how much air time to give to it? I'm gonna ask! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 20, 2018 2:58 AM MST
      February 19, 2018 6:15 AM MST

Probably true, but it's also probably not a one to one correlation depending on the species targeted.
      February 17, 2018 10:17 AM MST

As you know by now tom I'm not a gun person so I don't know about all that special detail stuff. It is simply a logical observation from an outsider who is ignorant about the lives of gun people. Purposely so. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 17, 2018 10:43 AM MST

More IED's = more deaths.
    More knives = more deaths.
    More heroin = more deaths.
    More drunk drivers = more deaths.
    More cancer = more deaths.
    More suicide = more deaths.

The top leading causes of death in the U.S.:
    • Heart disease.
    • Cancer (malignant neoplasms)
    • Chronic lower respiratory disease.
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries)
    • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases)
    • Alzheimer's disease.
    • Diabetes.
    • Influenza and pneumonia.

No questions. This post was edited by antibiotic at February 20, 2018 4:29 AM MST
      February 18, 2018 6:35 AM MST

The question I asked is specifically about gun-related deaths. Your answer specifically avoids/ignores guns completely. So your reply is non-responsive. However I can see that you had a lot you had to get off your chest and you did. Do you feel better now? Thank you for showing up and Happy Tuesday to thee anti b! :)
      February 20, 2018 3:51 AM MST

The reason my answer avoids or ignores guns is because the abundance of guns is not the issue. The lack of love and morals at home is. There are more causes of more death than more guns.  Most of these kids shooting kids are known for having mental illnesses. The biggest problem of people lacking respect for lives starts at home not at the gun shop. 
    Cane did not need a background check when he killed his brother.
    The villagers did not need a background check to access stones to throw at Mary Magdalene or other people, which was a common event.

A house is built of walls and beams.
    A home is built of love and dreams.
    Morals and love are introduced at home, not in schools.

February 20, 2018 5:11 AM MST

Awesome.
      February 20, 2018 5:19 PM MST

I appreciate your explanation anti b. I disagree completely and totally and unequivocally and irrefutably. The abundance of guns in the United States IS THE PROBLEM! People being what they are will never change. They CANNOT be trusted with guns. In Australia they got sick and tired of gun-related carnage and over 600,000 guns were turned in a couple of decades ago. Since that time Australia has not had ONE gun-related massacre. The people did not change. The availability of guns did. And that is the entire point I make. I believe you believe what you say here. So does every person who defends guns. The fact remains that fewer  massacres/ slaughters would occur in a land with fewer guns. Thank you for your followup. Blaming God is ridiculous. He is not the one with guns murdering others.He is not the perp or the culprit. God should be left out of it entirely. Just my opinion. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to you m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 21, 2018 2:14 AM MST
      February 21, 2018 2:13 AM MST

I liked much of your comment, clever tee-shirt. lol 

Did they stone Mary Magdalene? I know that although harsh, stoning was allowed for certain actions. A judicial hearing and a stoning by several people against a murderer or something is a bit different than one person gunning down 17 or so innocent victims so might not be a very good comparison depending on your point? Take away guns and bombs and such and there will still be murders but not as easily.
      February 21, 2018 4:14 PM MST

The top leading murder weapon in the U.S.:
    Guns

The top leading method of suicide in the U.S.:
    Self-inflicted gunshot wound.

No further questions for this witness, Your Honour.
      February 20, 2018 5:42 AM MST

The question remains. "do guns kill people or do people kill people?"

The machine most likely to kill an American has been the automobile.Car crashes killed 33,561 people in 2012, the most recent year for which data is available, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Firearms killed 32,251 people in the United States in 2011, the most recent year for which the Centers for Disease Control has data.

There is a study published in the journal Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience which brings science a step closer to understanding exactly what goes on in the brain of a killer.
    https://time.com/3816212/brain-murder-morality/

Bring on your next witness, counselor. lol

This post was edited by antibiotic at February 20, 2018 4:14 PM MST
      February 20, 2018 4:07 PM MST

Automobile deaths are 99% accidental. They are a method of transport - can be a dangerous one.

Gun deaths are almost always intentional (although accidents happen with those, too). They are killing machines, serve no other purpose whatsoever.
      February 20, 2018 4:24 PM MST

I agree with this reply. I hope you've taken the time to read the link I supplied in my last comment.
      February 20, 2018 7:17 PM MST

I explained to anti b what Australia did Sbf about their problem. Please read it and correct me if I misstated anything. Thanks. Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 21, 2018 2:16 AM MST

Make it hard to get guns.  Make it harder than being able to drive a car.  Make it a heavy penalty to allow your gun into the hands of anyone else.

Make it life changing to break a gun law.  Then, when the penalty for a gun offense is thousands of dollars and a prison fine, then a gun may not be so thrilling to try and own.
      February 20, 2018 5:18 PM MST

If we just followed what Australia did a couple of decades ago Sharon the problem would be drastically mitigated. The gun owners there turned in over 600,000 guns. The folks got sick and tired of gun-related carnage. Since that occurred there has not been one gun-related massacre slaughter in Austsrlia. The American fixation with guns is pathological in my opinion. People will never change so we have to fix the only thing we can fix...the availability of guns. Just my opinion.  I think dragging God into the problem is irrelevant. God isn't the culprit or the perp or the bad guy here in my opinion. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 21, 2018 2:19 AM MST