Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How long does it usually take you to move from "liking" to "loving" a partner?

How long does it usually take you to move from "liking" to "loving" a partner?

Does love happen for you before first-time sex or after?

Posted - February 18, 2018

Responses

Smitten at first. Mezmerized after......it's a good thing love has no eyes.....lol
      February 18, 2018 12:20 PM MST

Unfortunately, I usually skip both like and love, I start out with lust first. Meh, call it a fault. 

~
      February 18, 2018 12:31 PM MST

• Don't most of us, men and girls? 
      February 18, 2018 12:34 PM MST

Lol, good point, but I don't know of too many women who lost lust after me or who have lusted after me. (Maybe they should let a brutha know, don't you think?)

~ This post was edited by Randy D at February 18, 2018 5:55 PM MST
      February 18, 2018 12:42 PM MST

• No, that wouldn't be ladylike.
      February 18, 2018 5:23 PM MST

Uh...how is that a fault?
      February 18, 2018 1:56 PM MST

I really don't know what love is.
      February 18, 2018 1:57 PM MST

With my husband, it was nearly love at first site.  It was intense right from day one and still is. 
      February 18, 2018 2:00 PM MST

I think these days, love is more or less of a choice I decide to make. Sure, I can become smitten with someone pretty quickly, but love is deeper and I don't let it go that far with someone I don't trust. I also don't sleep with men I don't love already- love is the prerequisite. 
      February 18, 2018 2:17 PM MST

How long does it take?
    I've been in love twice. The first time I was young and I became infatuated with my partner after a few weeks. I loved that person, but it took years for us to truly love each other and it was off and on between us.

The second time happened by surprise. It wasn't something I was trying to make happen. We just found each other somehow and it got really intense and super emotional between us really fast and it just felt right.

Both times I fell in love within the first few weeks of meeting them I think. This post was edited by Summer at February 18, 2018 9:34 PM MST
      February 18, 2018 3:57 PM MST

I see them as all a part of love. But for me what makes the difference is when I start planning my daily life around them.  So mostly not until after the sex becomes good which sometimes takes a while. Except with my husband and then it was so perfect I hardly even thought about sex until after we were engaged.  You know it was like - you have some notion of what kind of person you want to spend the rest of your life with and then someone comes along who you just hit it off with so well in so many ways you didn't expect at all that all those notions go out the window.
      February 18, 2018 7:45 PM MST

• To get a broadly representative picture of the truth, try reading Shere Hite's surveys.
    More than 80% of the population believe they are much better lovers than they actually are.
    And many partners are not honest with each other for fear of hurting the other's feelings.

February 18, 2018 9:37 PM MST