Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What, if anything, is positive about getting sick or being hospitalized?

What, if anything, is positive about getting sick or being hospitalized?

~

Posted - February 19, 2018

Responses

Getting sick: I get to sit around and do nothing.

Being hospitalized: I get to lay around and do nothing.
      February 19, 2018 7:16 AM MST

Nothing unless you are homeless.....then a hospital stay may sound like heaven.

Being sick always sucks.
      February 19, 2018 10:15 AM MST

You get a free pair of slippers with the rubber on the bottom.  You swear you will wear them when you get home but you rarely if ever do.  You can rest and have your meals brought to you.  You can have all those pesky blood tests you have been meaning to have done but never get around to doing.  If you are lucky you get a complimentary colonoscopy thrown in. 
      February 19, 2018 2:12 PM MST

• Getting pampered by the nurses....wait. Am I being a bit optimistic here?
      February 19, 2018 2:48 PM MST

The only positive is getting an excuse to miss work. That happened to me the other day, but it sucked because I was vomiting nonstop and now I'm all sore. I'd rather be working that puking violently though. I think that discount Walmart sushi may have been a bad idea, either that or a stomach virus coincidentally invaded my stomach around the same time I ate it.
      February 19, 2018 4:31 PM MST

• Nothing. My longest hospital stay was 5 days and it was so boring and crappy. I was sad and felt sick.

I had another hospital stay for 3 days a few months later and it was the worst experience of my life. I was already really depressed and it made me feel worse and In more pain.

its too lonely and sad and sterile. People die in there.
      February 19, 2018 4:50 PM MST