Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Being IN LOVE can be dangerous. What you think is your lifejacket is really an albatross weighing you down. D'ya get rid of it or drown?

Being IN LOVE can be dangerous. What you think is your lifejacket is really an albatross weighing you down. D'ya get rid of it or drown?

Posted - February 20, 2018

Responses

• Love is like wine. Too much of either will make you sick (Spencer Tracey in "Tortilla Flats")
      February 20, 2018 8:59 AM MST

Here's a REALLY weird curious coinkydink ub. My favorite author is John Steinbeck. I recorded that exact TORTILLA FLATS that was supposedly going to be playing on TCM. When I clicked on yesterday to watch it what I got was "The Story of GI Joe" which I had also recorded. When I clicked on that it got me to the same spot in it as the "Tortilla Flats" one did. I couldn't figure out what the he** happened and neither could my Jim. So we deleted both. I have all of Steinbeck's books and even wrote to him in the 60's and he wrote back May 9, 1964. I never saw Tortilla Flats and I was really disappointed. Did YOU see it and is that why that was the quote you chose? If so small world. If not how come you chose that one? Anyway thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 21, 2018 5:55 AM MST

Well, I would distinguish being "in love" (which tends to depend on chemical and neurotransmitter functions in the brain) and the act of loving, which is something we choose to do, and involves (among other definitions), care, respect response-ability and knowledge.  (Eric Fromm--The Art of Loving)

There are plenty of shows on TV that indicate it is an albatross.  It can be.

February 20, 2018 11:11 AM MST

Depends on what it/he/she is and whom tom. Loving the wrong prez? Potentially Lethal. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 21, 2018 5:48 AM MST

Yes, it can be if you fall in love with the wrong person.
      February 20, 2018 12:19 PM MST

Or the wrong prez. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 21, 2018 5:49 AM MST