Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » President Trump calling for gun control laws, will it get done? Will he be praised or criticized for it?

President Trump calling for gun control laws, will it get done? Will he be praised or criticized for it?

So far he is talking about:
1. Banning Bump stocks and similar equipment

2.Making sure background checks are accurate. 

3. Raising minimum age to purchase a gun.

Posted - February 21, 2018

Responses

So FAR, My 2, his advisors are WARNING HIM to say: 

So far he is talking about:
    1. Banning Bump stocks and similar equipment

2.Making sure background checks are accurate.

3. Raising minimum age to purchase a gun.

Blah blah blah

His numbers are plummeting further.  He is talked about as the absolute worst president ever fake elected.  It is a sure thing all his blather and lies about Russia having nothing to do with his election success is TRANSPARENT.

His butt is in a sling.

I digress....He will use this to his advantage by waving this idea in front of America to shut America up.

Depending on how much favor this will curry him with the populace, is what the weighing factor is.

His IDIOT SON, Don, Jr. (mini-me), is crying out in the media for his dad to stand firm on gun issues and don't waver.   Can you imagine the cold-hearted, mindless idiot that would shout that loud and clear this week of all weeks when that massacre in Florida with the 17 kids occurred?

He made a visit to hospitals that was a photo op for him.  Talked about himself.  And it was reported he could not get out of the hospital visits fast enough.

Moron.

Then video-taped smiling and partying the same night the victims were shot and killed.   Smiling up a storm for the cameras at his disco in Mar a Lago.

This is a maniac.  An inept maniac.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 21, 2018 10:08 AM MST
      February 21, 2018 10:04 AM MST

He has already ordered AG Sessions to write the law to make  #1 on the list happen. So that is basically a done deal. 
    I see from your answer above...you will give no credit. 
      February 21, 2018 10:17 AM MST

He's great.  You are right.  All the bad he has done is now erased.

Russia case closed.

Women were not abused.

No one betrayed anything

etc.  etc.  because it's a done deal.  

Good.  Now we cannot attach dangerous attachments to a weapon.

Whew.  I feel so much better.  I'm sure that will do a lot.
      February 21, 2018 10:29 AM MST

Deflection.
      February 21, 2018 10:31 AM MST

Yes, that is what he is doing.  You got it.  That little  "deflection" which basically does little, is a deflection aimed at getting those ratings up.

He thinks he is still on the Apprentice wheeling and dealing. 

Honest!

February 21, 2018 10:37 AM MST

No, that's what you did. My question is about gun laws nothing else.
      February 21, 2018 11:03 AM MST

Of course, that is what I did.  Otherwise where am I going to put all these good pictures?

February 21, 2018 11:28 AM MST

February 21, 2018 6:44 PM MST

Racist ranting gets you nowhere with me.
      February 21, 2018 8:10 PM MST

We don't let people drink until they are 21 for public safety reasons, not because drinking is going to hurt that 20 year old more than the 22 year old, but because of maturity and judgment.  I have no problem with a 21 year old requirement to buy a firearm but it will have little impact on who has possession of which gun(s).  Gun owners may gift guns at will....to anyone of any age.  However, restricting to 21 years old the ability to  purchase from a retailer may help keep guns out of the  crazy person's hand who wants to go kill others right away.    Remember, the guns used at Sandy Hook belonged to Lanza's mother; he actually killed her with one of her many guns none of which was an ArmaLite15 (as the media has incorrectly reported).  This, I believe, might be looked at by the Supreme's as an undue burden on the right.  I don't know if all states are the same, but Florida has an 18 year old age purchase requirement and a three-day waiting period from when you purchase a gun to when they let you have it.  They call it a three-day cooling down period.  California now has a ten-day cooling down period and has been challenged with a case that was just sent to the Supremes, but they have refused to look at it.

This post was edited by Thriftymaid at February 21, 2018 6:45 PM MST
      February 21, 2018 11:48 AM MST

I am also OK with the 21 yr limit and the waiting period. 
    I think Lanza is the one who tried to buy but did not pass the NCIC. I think when that happens local police should notified and they should go and discuss why the person was trying to purchase a gun. This post was edited by my2cents at February 22, 2018 9:58 PM MST
      February 21, 2018 6:54 PM MST

I just learned that if a "prohibited person" tries to purchase a firearm they are supposed to be charged with a felony. But this is rarely enforced on like 45 people have been charged out of nearly 100,000 annually. This post was edited by my2cents at February 24, 2018 4:30 AM MST
      February 23, 2018 6:06 PM MST

this kid gave warning signs...that were ignored.  WHY IS THAT? He put his real name on his posts...not like they were hard to figure out who wrote it..they were reported...and nobody wanted to be bothered with checking it out.  Our gun laws are fine...law abiding citizens don't need to give up their guns to suit criminals. That just makes more soft targets. Had someone in that school leveled the playing field and stopped this nut in his tracks he wouldn't have killed that many....and if he knew he wouldn't have been unchallenged he may have changed his mind about doing it at all. Ever notice how you don't hear about someone going into a shooting range and pulling ths crap? GUESS why. This post was edited by maggie at February 21, 2018 6:57 PM MST
      February 21, 2018 6:48 PM MST

I agree the system failed. He should not have been able to purchase a gun. From what I have read he should have been in jail. Or at least been arrested. He was expelled for bringing ammunition on school grounds. That should have made the NCIC check.
      February 21, 2018 7:10 PM MST

people need to make up their minds...in one breath they compare trump to hitler...in the next they want him to take away the guns...cant have it both ways. gun laws are fine. gun laws are not gonna stop criminals.
      February 23, 2018 4:23 PM MST

And how old do they have to be to enlist in armed forces? they gonna raise that age too?

February 22, 2018 1:06 PM MST