Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Pelosi says no wall, just mow the grass. More "common sense" solutions from the left?

Pelosi says no wall, just mow the grass. More "common sense" solutions from the left?

Pelosi who will be Speaker of the House if the Dems get control in Nov, actually did say it. Just Amazing to me. 

Pelosi continued, “Let’s sit down and talk this through and see what makes sense. Not some commitment to a promise that we are going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it, that is never going to happen. But let’s talk about where a more serious structure might be necessary–where fencing will do or mowing the grass so people can’t be smuggled through the grass. That’s something– levies, technology, personnel.”

Posted - February 22, 2018

Responses

Sometimes, often, in fact, I just can't understand a word of what Pelosi says, she just seems to be mumbling about nothing. She gets that little girl lost look in her eyes, casting nervously around as if expecting to get told off any moment, just rambling on making absolutely no sense. I think it is really cruel of the Republicans to let her sit there squirming, making a pathetic laughing stock of herself, and as spokesperson and figurehead of the Democrats, declaring them the party of foundering simpletons. 
      February 22, 2018 6:50 AM MST

I've noticed in that past year, she has become less coherent when she speaks off the cuff.  If the Democrats were smart, they would insist on her retiring and letting someone with newer ideas take the reins.
      February 22, 2018 10:23 AM MST

Visit a handful of rest homes for the babbling and incontinent between here and Pacific Heights and you come away with several perfect candidates to change places with Nancy Pelosi, and no one any the wiser.
      February 22, 2018 7:35 AM MST

shes been needing to retire for quite awhile now....shes an idiot.
      February 22, 2018 2:10 PM MST

Any local law enforcement official will tell you to keep the bushes cut / trimmed in such a way as to avoid providing hiding places for various types of "criminals" around your house.

And what is amazing to me is how you didn't know this already so that you could understand what Pelosi was actually saying---Which was phrased in such a way as to remind us of Occam's razor

And did you miss her saying "let’s talk about where a more serious structure might be necessary?"---you quoted it for Pete's sake.

"Amazing" to you; "logical" to me.

This post was edited by tom jackson at February 22, 2018 7:55 PM MST
      February 22, 2018 2:26 PM MST

A fence will do OR mowing grass....

Yes grass should be mowed but it will not stop what a fence will. 
    Possibly a slip of the tongue. It does happen. 
      February 22, 2018 3:04 PM MST

and . . .That post was edited by tom jackson at February 22, 2018 7:55 PM MST - for the purpose of tightening up the logic I'm guessing.
    If it is true that, as you claim, 'local law enforcement officials' are going around advising people to make their houses more secure against rampaging criminals, of various types, then I feel sympathy for the people under siege. Has America really sunk back to that level of frontier lawlessness? If so, I now see the absolute sense of Joe Average arming himself against this rising tide of anarchy, and also against the impotent forces of law and order who would callously render his family defenseless by confiscating his guns and ammunition if the law were to demand it.

February 23, 2018 9:35 AM MST

Well, now you know for sure what the effect of making such an assumptions does to you.  Have some extra barley straw and toast yourself tonight.  (Supposedly barley straw is better for you donkeys than oat straw.)

That advice is at least 40 years old---just like which direction you tilt the slats on your vertical blinds so that you can see out, but someone outside below the window can't see in.

Interesting that you chose Wordsworth as your avatar---do you see yourself as a "tortured and melancholy visionary?"

February 23, 2018 3:41 PM MST

• I stopped taking Pelosi seriously long ago. You're never going to get any kind of "common sense" out of her. It's one thing to put a lot of blather out there for your constituency's consumption. In her case, she tragically believes most of the hoodoo and voodoo she puts out for the public. I supposes that if someone talks foolishness long enough, then enough foolish people will start to listen.
      February 22, 2018 2:40 PM MST