Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some Nerve! The US government DARES to call out other countries for "HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES" What about OUR human rights?.

Some Nerve! The US government DARES to call out other countries for "HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES" What about OUR human rights?.

Inalienable Rights per The Declaration of Independence.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

Unless you are obscenely wealthy (their rights are way more important than the rights of "the little people")
you are losing your right s left and right every day in every way. Some Nerve! Scolding other countries for what they do to their people while royally screwing the "ordinary" citizens of the United Statat es of America. The exceptions? Donjon worhipping adoring devotees. They think anything he does is WAY OKAY".

Posted - February 23, 2018

Responses

You are kidding right?
    The US is one of if not the most blessed countries to live in. We are so oppressed that we get upset over someone using cue cards or saying "postMAN or MANkind"  or someone misspoke and said 57 states or numerous other trivial complaints. 
    We give our poor hundreds of dollars every month for food, medical, child care, housing and numerous other programs. (I  am not advocating to remove these programs)
    These other countries take all their money and use it to create nuclear weapons. There peope don't have food and if they protest the government jails or kills them. Yes, we certainly can condemn their human rigts abuses. This post was edited by my2cents at February 24, 2018 12:45 AM MST
      February 23, 2018 11:03 AM MST

If he were NOT the president of the USA, he could use all the cue cards he wanted.

If a surgeon in America were to need cue cards to operate on me, at least I would have the opportunity to choose another surgeon.

Trump, unfortunately, is the only president available who is allowed to operate.  

And just like a coroner, he doesn't have to be a doctor,  (The coroner is elected in some counties.)  

February 23, 2018 3:25 PM MST

They all use them...the most common being the teleprompter. 
      February 23, 2018 4:19 PM MST

George Washington had federal troops fire on peaceful protesters.
    Abraham Lincoln had federal troops destroy the offices of newspapers that criticized his war actions.  He also had those editors imprisoned.
    Yet Americans celebrate those two as our greatest Presidents.
      February 23, 2018 11:07 AM MST

Yes. Lots of bad things have been done by lots of presidents. Your implication that doofus don who is a traitor to his country could be or will be hailed as a GREAT PRESIDENT! Correct? Well I disagree with thee Walt. He is in bed with a hostile foreign power. He has done nothing to insure that Russian Meddling will be stopped. He has never criticized Russia or Putin but he has routinely EXCORIATED his own people. He doesn't read. He doesn't listen. He isn't curious. You may think that's great but I think he sucks  bigtime and will go down in history as the very worst president ever.  AND those who elected him and supported him will be a curiosity to future generations. They will wonder what on earth were his supporters thinking to support such a one as that? Just my opinion of course. You are assuredly entitled to yours. Defending  current monstrosity by using example of past monstrous deeds by presidents doesn't impress me. Past bad deeds do not justify current badness. It may impress others. It is what it is. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thy! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 24, 2018 2:38 AM MST
      February 24, 2018 2:37 AM MST

I was not saying that Trump should or will be hailed as a great President.
    I was pointing out that even our "greatest" Presidents were directly responsible for atrocities against Americans.

But as I've said in the past ... I have predicted for a couple decades that America was heading for a President like Trump.
    And just like Global Climate Change - nobody gave a shit until it was too late.
      February 26, 2018 2:23 PM MST

Dagnabbit Walt why didn't you yell scream shout to get attention?  If you predicted it for a coupla DECADES goodness gracious you just weren't attracting enough attention. I'm telling ya I have a dam* good imagination but electing doofus don as prez in the United States of America? Too fantastic even for me. Yet here we are. Do you think our lives are inevitable? That it is written in our stars and predetermined and a doofus don is something that was fated? If so what is it we are supposed to learn from it 'cause it sure befuddles me. Even more befuddly are those who think he is just grand and glorious and wondrous fair. It is way too absurd to be real. Yet here we are. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to you! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 27, 2018 2:51 AM MST
      February 27, 2018 2:49 AM MST

All one has to do is watch the "big picture" trend of American politics.
    And so far, it doesn't look like we're learning anything other than to be even MORE divisive ... which will lead to an even worse situation.
    Most likely an outright rebellion/revolution in this country within the next 50 years, unless the divisiveness stops.
    But, since it is in the interest of politicians and media to keep us divided, I don't see that happening.
    They will try to "heal our nation" when their necks are literally in the noose, but it will be too late by then.
    China and Russia ... and other countries to a lesser extent ... will support the rebellion.
      February 27, 2018 7:42 AM MST

I agree Rosie.  It's still the country I love and want to live in, but I am very concern with the direction it is going.  I am worried about the working poor, disabled, elderly, and the middle class.  All of them can expect to be hit hard if this administration keeps going unchecked.

I am also worried about how we look in front of other nations with this boob for a leader.  Sorry, the cue cards were just another example of how incompetent he really is.
      February 23, 2018 11:43 AM MST

I agree Peas! Some people have their priorities really screwed up though.I love this country and because I love it I refuse to keep quiet about some things that some others will ignore! This post was edited by SA (SuperA) at February 27, 2018 2:51 AM MST
      February 23, 2018 11:55 AM MST

That is how I feel.  We all deserve to be heard.  I wish some of these major issues could be brought to a popular vote.  It may surprise a few.
      February 23, 2018 12:05 PM MST

Well doofus don did tell one truth. He said the folks in Moscow are "laughing their asses off" at America. Very true. What doofus doesn't know is he is the object of the laughter. And the subject of it. He has performed precisely as they have programmed him to perform. Now whatever dirt Putin holds over the doofus head must  be mighty awful . My imagination considers a variety of things and perhaps they are true. So pleasing Putin is the only thing doofus don insists upon. Everything else is for sale..up for grabs. The one area out of bounds for him is criticizing Russia/Putin. He has already sold us out. He is a disgusting piece of (FITB). Thank you for your reply PeaPod! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 27, 2018 2:52 AM MST
      February 24, 2018 2:43 AM MST

Sorry but I am more worried about the nut jobs who want to take away our human rights then the human rights of other countries.
    We are losing more every day and there will be more to come.
      February 23, 2018 11:57 AM MST

That is how I feel Lulu.  
      February 23, 2018 12:06 PM MST

I think many of us do and we should be worried about it.
      February 23, 2018 12:29 PM MST

I guess hypocrisy is unavoidable Lulu'sMom. Our human rights are trampled upon every day in every way in the doofus don version of America. He is a raging FASCIST just  like Mussolini or Hitler. NATIONALISM is one of the hallmarks of being a FASCIST. He is also a traitor. He will be charged at some point with money-laundering if nothing else because Mueller is setting up a trap that will be so solid once he pulls the doofus don in there will be no escape. The doofus also might be charged with obstruction of justice and collusion. Why not? What could it hurt? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday m'dear! :)
      February 24, 2018 2:47 AM MST

I am watching to see how this all comes down.
      February 24, 2018 10:47 AM MST

Me too. In the meantime how much more damage will the doofus do? Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy Tuesday!   :)
      February 27, 2018 2:53 AM MST

Once again you display no sense of perspective whatsoever. The U.S. isn't perfect but it's the pinnacle of civilisation.

You deserve to be deported so some sh*thole country to gain some much needed perspective and hopefully a little loyalty.

The left moan because they feel entitled to privileges. They do have rights. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at February 24, 2018 12:44 AM MST
      February 23, 2018 2:42 PM MST

If you and Rosie are being rated on "perspective," I'd love to see the results of that vote.
      February 23, 2018 2:45 PM MST

:):):)
      February 24, 2018 2:47 AM MST