Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is Ben Carson on drugs? It sure as HECK looks like it to me and the rest of the TV-viewing public.

Is Ben Carson on drugs? It sure as HECK looks like it to me and the rest of the TV-viewing public.

Democrats against Donald J. Trumpf
October 7, 2015 ·

Dr. Ben Carson a drug addict? gee it sure would be easy for him to get drugs. Found this comment very interesting.

Diane B. Doumit ... He is high ... Ben Carson is perpetually high ... on drugs ... prescription drugs ... possibly benzos/benzodiazepines (as Xanax or maybe Valium) ... possibly opiates (as Oxycodone or maybe even Dilaudid ... only a few notches less addictive than heroin) ... possibly both ... benzos and opiates ... I have been commenting about this on Facebook for weeks ... maybe over a month ... definitely since I first began to notice what seemed to me to be some very obvious signs and symptoms of substance abuse that probably crossed the line a long time ago and now more so fit the criteria for addiction ... You are correct in noting how he closes his eyes and mumbles his answers to questions ... There are though many more indications of a serious drug problem that I have been observing from the vantage point of a Registered Nurse of over 33 years, who has worked a good deal in the areas of Psych and Mental Health and Chemical Dependency ... His mouth is always very, very dry ... His eyes are always glazed with a very glassy look ... His eyes also are either totally closed or squinting or rolling upwards and back in his head ... His speech is slow ... almost slurred ... His words are as you described quite mumbled ... His 'affect' (presentation to others) is flat and blunt and almost void of emotion ... His thought processes are not at all 'normal' ... While the words that Carson uses to communicate his thoughts are not fragmented like Trump (who definitely has his own psych issues), his ideas ... Carson's ideas ... are not at all reality based with regard to more than a few topics and issues ... While it is highly unlikely that Neurosurgeon Ben Carson would submit a random urine spec for drug screening if asked, my guess is that there is a good chance that very high concentrations of benzos/benzodiazepines and/or opiates would be found ... While the comments of at least a few people on Facebook have posed the possibility that the brain surgeon might be exhibiting signs and symptoms of early onset Alzheimer's disease or dementia, I personally disagree ... Having worked with a lot of people with Alzheimer's disease and dementia, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that Carson's dry mouth and squinting eyes and slow slurred speech in particular are not typically amongst the more common signs and symptoms of any neurological disorders as Alzheimer's or dementia ...
19 Likes16 Comments4 Shares

Posted - March 1, 2018

Responses

With all due respect, Sharonna, you know what something looks like to you, but who are you to say what it looks like to "the rest of the viewing public?" Presumptuous is the word that comes to my mind.
      March 1, 2018 10:57 AM MST

No one would ever hire you as an attorney. 

Stick to what you know. 
      March 1, 2018 10:58 AM MST

And stick to what you know and don't presume to speak for others. You can't possibly know what "the rest of the viewing public" thinks. Either you're lying, you have too much time on your hands, or both.

Even supposing he is on drugs, what's it to you anyway? Are you harmed by it?
      March 1, 2018 11:58 AM MST

I just thought he was nuts like the rest of that bunch.
    Maybe they are all on drugs and that is why they do the things they do.
      March 1, 2018 11:05 AM MST

I always thought that he was far too calm in his demeanor.  He has gotten little public exposure since his appointment, so I haven't seen him lately.  I definitely found him to appear zombie-like when I did see him.
      March 1, 2018 11:21 AM MST

Zombie like is a good description of him.

via GIPHY

March 1, 2018 12:07 PM MST

• Dr. Carson is one of the finest physicians and surgeons this country has ever produced. Since I don't pretend to speak for the American public, I'll just take a wild guess and say that he also possesses something that is scarce in this society. (again based on my own observations) That is, character and integrity. He's contributed more to the betterment of this nation than you and I will if we live to be a hundred, so he's earned the right, in my estimation to look like he's on drugs. I'll go you one better. We could all use some of those drugs if that's what he's doing.
      March 1, 2018 1:11 PM MST

Don't make me pee in my pants.  Please.   It happens sometimes when I laugh uncontrollably.

He is a drug addict. 

A moron to boot. 

But most of all, a drug addict supreme-o.  

Please watch the tape and then tell me what a genius this man is.   I don't think he was a good doctor.  There are all kinds of stories about his shameless self promotions and links to horrible drug concerns, but that aside, he has no business running the Housing and Urban Development office.

He knows nothing.   Watch the tape.

This is not doctored.  This is THE DOCTOR.  Telling the Senate that he doesn't feel like answering the questions because FRANKLY HE IS TOO BEANED OUT TO TALK.

*Bean is a tranquilizer in case you don't know that either.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 1, 2018 1:23 PM MST
      March 1, 2018 1:18 PM MST