Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Does anyone else find the "smiling woman gif" on this page creepy?

Does anyone else find the "smiling woman gif" on this page creepy?

She turns her head and looks right at you, smiling.  Yikes! away with you creepy woman.  
The ad is something for health foods.

Posted - March 1, 2018

Responses

haha
    never seen it
    I don't see the ads
      March 1, 2018 9:31 AM MST

Trust me, you are blessed.
      March 1, 2018 10:12 AM MST

Yes I do. But then I have always been considered a sensitive dude.
    With all the available alternative possibilities it seems so unconscionably insensitive dont it?
      March 1, 2018 9:35 AM MST

I like sensitive dudes. 
      March 1, 2018 10:10 AM MST

I have never seen it, I don't think. But your description reminds me of a creepy moment in the disturbing-but-a-masterpiece-to-me-of-a-movie "Funny Games" (the original version).

~ the moment that actor Arno Frisch first breaks the wall between "reality" and "fiction" by turning his head and smiling directly at the audience and making us part of the funny games.

:)

Image result for funny games movie This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 1, 2018 12:50 PM MST
      March 1, 2018 9:43 AM MST

Yes, It's like that, hahahaha 
      March 1, 2018 10:11 AM MST

UPDATE to my answer!
    I think I just caught that gif but I changed the page too soon to see it completely! Ha!
      March 1, 2018 10:09 AM MST

It's like she follows you around, hahahaha yikes!
      March 1, 2018 10:11 AM MST

What are you speaking about, Sun?

I have no clue.  The ads change every second it seems.  But I get the gist.  LOL   This is what I imagined Gollum to kind of look like before I saw the movie and just read the books.

They made him cuter

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 1, 2018 7:49 PM MST
      March 1, 2018 10:14 AM MST

That first image is GREAT! I like it better than the Gollum they used.
      March 1, 2018 10:23 AM MST

Someday, they may do something more REALISTIC like this regarding this tale.  I love the flavor they used on screen, because the flavor of Tolkien is THERE to me.  I mean all the artists through the years and his drawings and poems testify to the fact that all the beings are valid to a degree described in the book by Tokien.  I think Tokien would have liked this "other Gollum we both like" too though, but maybe I am going too futuristic.   I think that Tolkien could get kind of gorey.  

I know they could have made the wraiths a lot more chilling in the movie.  But this is also because Jackson was sticking to Tolkien and we have morphed into a society where Vampires are a daily diet on normal TV now.  So, wraiths are not that fearful nowadays.   Oh well. 

They were beautifully done, but did not scare me enough.   They left TOO much to the imagination.   I wanted something that would chill me to the bone.  Again, The Ring absolutely terrified me.  

That ghost in the well that came out of the TV?  That was so terrifying.
    SO Jackson needed to add that helpless terrifying feeling more in the movie.

I worship Peter.   I do, but you are forcing me to look at this idea more closely.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 1, 2018 12:52 PM MST
      March 1, 2018 10:28 AM MST

I don't know who the Wraiths are. But I remember some creepy creatures on horses.
    (I literally had a friend tutor me to get through all the books --  I couldn't keep anything straight in my head. but I loved Bombadil.)

March 1, 2018 10:35 AM MST

Oh my GOD.  You picked out the one thing that no one even knows about that is one of my favorite things about the whole Trilogy.   I think he may have been mentioned in the Hobbit.

I love Tom Bombadil and have drawn and painted him in my life many times.   He is so mysterious. 

So Zen, that Tom.
      March 1, 2018 10:37 AM MST

I feel honored that Bombadil is a memorable character for you, too!
      March 1, 2018 7:49 PM MST

That scene in The Ring is one of the best scenes I've ever seen. It scared me a lot, too.
      March 1, 2018 10:36 AM MST

LOL I was just going to correct that.  I'm glad you got it.  I thought I confused you mentioning the Lord of the Rings and then The Ring.  That was odd of me.

At least I mentioned the WELL.  OH MAN, that really is not a movie to watch when you are home alone before beddy bye.

HAAAAA Welby, even looking at this still scares me more than any wringwraith.  GOD.  Help. Us. ALL.   Dragged into Hell forever.....

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 1, 2018 10:50 AM MST
      March 1, 2018 10:39 AM MST

Terrifying!!
      March 1, 2018 10:50 AM MST

So Peter Jackson should have made them move like this director did in this movie.  And they need telephones and give the title Lord of the Rings a new spin.  Ring, RIIIINGGGG:  Hello?  Hello?  And BAM, there is a Nazgul (ringwraith on horseback guy) in your face with a dagger.   That could work better.

Take TWO:  ACTION!  CUT!

March 1, 2018 10:55 AM MST

Yes!
    Ha!
      March 1, 2018 7:48 PM MST

You nerds go and get a room together someplace!
    (Lol.)
    ~

March 1, 2018 7:51 PM MST