Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Is it illegal to give people food if youre on foodstamps?

Is it illegal to give people food if youre on foodstamps?

I get foodstamps cause im out of work, Im a short person and cant eat as much as others that are taller, sometimes i feel like i need to spend it all or they will think i dont need them, then it just accumulates in my apt, when i get too much food and know i wont be able to eat it in a million yrs i will take it downstairs in the lobby and put it on the table there for my neighbors to grab, a lot of them get very few foodstamps or none at all, I get almost $200. yesterday when i got back from church i mentioned it to my other neighbor and he said i was doing something illegal, if i tell foodstamps i feel like im getting too much they might cut me off altogether, i dont know what to do with the extra food so i give it away. Im not selling it and not selling the foodstamps either and was wondering if im doing something wrong, and what are other alternatives to not having so much food around, if i leave it on my ebt card they might wonder why im not using it, i try to just buy drinks a lot like coffee, etc., but that can pile up too, any suggestions? i dont want to get in trouble for it, was just trying to help

Posted - March 3, 2018

Responses

It's only illegal if you think it is.
      March 3, 2018 1:51 PM MST

I don't know.
      March 3, 2018 2:53 PM MST

Maybe or maybe not.
      March 3, 2018 2:58 PM MST

Hmmm....don't know
      March 3, 2018 3:01 PM MST

• Don't announce it to the world.
      March 3, 2018 4:08 PM MST

Stop talking to snitches ;(
    If you have to, drop off the extra food somewhere else or take it the church you have been going to.
    Don't stop doing good because some devil tells you its wrong within the constraints of his Beast System.
    I'm proud of you, Good girl Pearl :) This post was edited by O-uknow at March 3, 2018 7:14 PM MST
      March 3, 2018 4:44 PM MST

The benefits are for you and you alone if you signed up as an individual who is not sharing food. They ask. If you're giving away government benefits that are designated for you, it would likely be considered fraud. Odds are, they're not even going to investigate you, even if they know what you're doing though. 

And, for what it's worth, you can leave money unspent. They only get antsy when you build up a year of unspent funds. You can let it roll over every month and be just fine. 
      March 3, 2018 4:57 PM MST