Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What five favorite movies of yours would tell someone everything they needed to know about you?

What five favorite movies of yours would tell someone everything they needed to know about you?

If, for example, you were dating someone new or making a new friend, and you wanted them to know you really well, but you could only teach them about you by giving them movies to watch, which five would you tell them they needed to see and why? 

Posted - March 3, 2018

Responses

• 1. Rudy
    2. Brian's Song
    3. Hoosiers
    4. Field Of Dreams
    5. Nobody's Fool Paul Newman version.  2 movies had that same title.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 3, 2018 6:22 PM MST
      March 3, 2018 5:58 PM MST

It seems to me that if I could only share myself with five movies, but then add the "why" part of your question for each movie, then that takes the fun out of the question. I'd be talking too much about the movie and tell them about myself. So I'm just going to list the movies and let the hypothetical person figure it all out for his/her self.
    :)
    :)

George Romero's original 1968 "Night of the Living Dead"

Lars von Trier's "Dancer in the Dark"

Michael Haneke's original "Funny Games" - - his original version only (he made a remake of it which I haven't seen)

"Strangers in Good Company"

"Airplane!"

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 3, 2018 9:53 PM MST
      March 3, 2018 6:21 PM MST

1. World's Fastest Indian.  2. Secretariat.  3. Rocky.  4. Jason and the Argonauts (1963)   5. ?
      March 3, 2018 7:08 PM MST

Haha anyone who would expect to know me by that obviously would have no interest in knowing me at all. 
      March 3, 2018 7:22 PM MST

• Mulholland Dr.
    The Big Lebowski
    It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
    2001: A Space Odyssey
    Zoolander

Let that say what it can about me :)
      March 3, 2018 8:46 PM MST