Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » When did Pocahontas say, "Daddy, oh don't you dare!"

When did Pocahontas say, "Daddy, oh don't you dare!"

:)

Posted - March 3, 2018

Responses

• When he was beatin' on his Tom Tom talking about his wigwam. :P
      March 3, 2018 6:57 PM MST

Ha!

I'm outta here for now - - got a little pissed here after a long day

WAIT!  my getting pissed is Totally unrealted to your answer
    This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 3, 2018 7:02 PM MST
      March 3, 2018 7:01 PM MST

• You can just get your oss glad in the same edible drawers you got mad in! ;D
      March 3, 2018 7:03 PM MST

Yes!

and doublewhceking that you knew it wasn't your answer that I was pissed about 
      March 3, 2018 7:05 PM MST

• Is that code for double whacking? xD
      March 3, 2018 7:07 PM MST

Ha! I wish.

It's just a bad typo for "doublechecking."

(And in my question I was just quoting one of the lyrics from the song "Fever" by Peggy Lee --  I love that song.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 4, 2018 5:58 AM MST
      March 4, 2018 5:11 AM MST

Possibly these words were never spoken by Pocahontas (whose given name was Matoaka), many historians have doubted its accuracy.
      March 3, 2018 7:03 PM MST

I trust your answer, though I'm not so familiar with the details of Pocahantas.
    Actually, I was just posting for fun a portion of lyrics from Peggy Lee's "Fever" song --  one of the verses deals with Pocahontas and Captain Smith.
      March 4, 2018 5:09 AM MST

Right before the poke in the hontas?
      March 3, 2018 7:21 PM MST

yikes!
      March 4, 2018 5:07 AM MST

Probably never. That was just lyrics from an old song in the 1950s. I understand by Little Willy John and Peggy Lee. 
      March 3, 2018 7:56 PM MST

Yup! The song was in my head. I love Peggy Lee's version of this song.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 4, 2018 6:35 AM MST
      March 4, 2018 5:11 AM MST

I think it was very popular. About the time I was born so don't remember it. But do think I heard it later. 
      March 4, 2018 6:36 AM MST

My dad was a Peggy Lee fan. I heard this song pretty much my whole life -- few songs are so great and deservedly iconic to me.

And I do find Lee's version the most "hot and erotic" song I've ever heard. Nothing specific is ever said, unlike so many other songs, but she just sings "hot!" Ha!
      March 4, 2018 2:48 PM MST

Did you ever hear the original version which is supposed to be better?  Little Willie John was a popular rhythm and blues and pop singer. Peggy Lee did it as part of her nightclub act with just bass and drums but  the original has a band with horns and all. And is more pleading. The Peggy Lee recording is sort of self-consciously trying to be "hip".  Though musically good. All that finger-snapping etc. 
      March 5, 2018 5:19 AM MST

I did look Little Willie up and listened. I liked it a lot. I'd say his original is distinctive in a great way, yet, which I like when people make a cover, Lee made the song into a different type of song. (As in, "If someone is going to do a cover, don't just copy the original song and artist. Make it your own a bit.")
    Little Willie's is more of pleading, I agree; I like that aspect.

And he's cuter than Lee, ha!
    Little Willie John.jpg

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 5, 2018 7:22 AM MST
      March 5, 2018 7:21 AM MST

well, I for one like BOTH versions.......LOVED LIttle W. John's when it came out.......I almost wore out the record.......a 45 rpm.........(those were the days)  back then if you played records a lot, they got a little grayish cast to them; still sounded ok, but the plastic was wearing a little!!

and as for him, you MUST try to find "Talk to Me' somewhere & listen to that......WOW another great song!!!!!

as for Peggy, saw her in Cleveland in the 1970's and she knocked herself out for  over an hour........what a great concert!!!  afterwards, many of us ran up to the stage.......I tried to just politely touch her hand, but she pulled back and blew me a kiss from her index finger, which, by the way, had a HUGE artificial nail on it........that looked gorgeous!!!  but we did make eye contact just for that few seconds and it was a nice ending to a great concert........!!!
      March 5, 2018 7:55 AM MST

Wondrous comment all-around, ben1011!!

I only just heard Little Willie john's original today.

I like both versions, too.
      March 5, 2018 8:10 AM MST