Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The Beatle's Revolution could be written about today and if we change the name to Devolution, it describes the President. Ya know?

The Beatle's Revolution could be written about today and if we change the name to Devolution, it describes the President. Ya know?

Posted - March 5, 2018

Responses

Know what?
      March 6, 2018 7:53 AM MST

Gosh, how I only wish my genes had presented me with a brain that could analyse and understand this, porridgely redolent, question. Could she be suggesting Donald Trump is in fact sporting a Beatles haircut that went wrong?
    Nevertheless, maybe still conducive to his enduring memory, as Donald the Mop perhaps, y'know, like Charles the Bald, Pepin the Short, Eric the Red or Sharonna the Decibelle.   
      March 6, 2018 10:30 AM MST

And as much as she desperately wishes it did, the reality of President Trump just doesn't match all of her hysterical hyperbole.
      March 6, 2018 12:20 PM MST

I know.
    It is the philosophy of words and willful woolly misdirection gleefully stomping defenseless fact into the dirt. It may be the most damaging disease of our time. Perhaps it comes with the theorized general mental degradation of humanity.
    Like many species before us, maybe our time has passed, we have topped out and are simply being carried onward on a dissipating momentum of the past. I wonder whether the deteriorating world situation is further facilitated by strategic non-reporting of suicides of despondent actual deep-thinkers and actual truth-seekers everywhere. Twenty-four hours a day we are fed a pablum of nonsense, strident rhetoric, crooked-truth, and downright lies - slowly drowning us like rats in a cage.        
      March 11, 2018 11:02 AM MDT

Well, it does pretty accurately describe the intellectual qualifications of a typical Trump supporter---mob mentality, no independent thought, and unacceptable outcomes.

In short, neither group (mob or Trump supporters) really understand what is happening.

And yes, they did show up to answer this question, didn't they.

Edit---corrected a word to an adjective instead of an adverb to save Randy the trouble. This post was edited by tom jackson at March 6, 2018 2:05 PM MST
      March 6, 2018 2:03 PM MST

Do you know any Trump supporters personally, or are you just making a bigoted sweeping generalization? Your remark about intellectual qualifications make you sound like the pot calling the kettle black.
      March 6, 2018 3:39 PM MST

Trump supporters don't seem to be the ones prone to mobs and the mentality that goes with.  Trump supporters seem to be the ones who do think for themselves...........they sure as hell aren't the ones following the leader.  What unacceptable outcomes?  

Which people here are Trump supporters?  I don't know.  Do you?  Do you?  I don't hear you.
      March 11, 2018 4:46 PM MDT