Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Do you have a friend or relative who is a Nun?

Do you have a friend or relative who is a Nun?

Posted - March 7, 2018

Responses

She is.  I lost her two years ago.  We really struggled, but we became close in the end.  I simply found compassion for a person that needed it.  She also let down her guard and for the first time, I really saw her soft side.  I really miss her.  I realize there was so much to admire about her.

I believe she is finally at peace.
      March 7, 2018 8:16 PM MST

It sounds like she had a really REALLY hard life.  So, we both wish her the VERY best.  You will see her again, I bet. 
      March 7, 2018 8:19 PM MST

She really DID have a hard life.  She survived so much and it reminds me how blessed I am to have things she never had.  She certainly taught me humility.
      March 7, 2018 8:22 PM MST

I bet some of those nuns like sex too.
      March 7, 2018 6:43 PM MST

Sure they do, but they have to feel guilt about it because it is forbidden.

So maybe that's really hawt.

March 7, 2018 6:45 PM MST

No doubt.  How they fulfill that...I don't need to know.  LOL
      March 7, 2018 6:48 PM MST

I know.  I am thinking of women in prison.  It just has weird undertones that have nothing to do with being gay and everything to do with being kind of desperate.

March 7, 2018 8:12 PM MST

Yup.  You figure sex is a drive most human beings have; especially if you are in your prime.  

I never understood any religious sect that would ask a human being to deny a natural drive for life.  
      March 7, 2018 8:20 PM MST

Well, it is not about asking. 

There is a certain method for reaching total bliss.    And that method is to not want anything.  And the only way to get there is to drop the things you think you want and watch as your desire fades.

That is called spiritual fasting and you just don't get to DO that without a lot of guidance as to HOW to develop this ability to stay in the now and not revert back to physical desires.

It is the same with food and all kinds of physical needs.   You don't go without any food, but you don't eat things that are overly tasty or treats or anything. 

You eat to stay alive and healthy. 

So, to take a vow such as chastity or poverty or any vow,  one needs to have the wisdom to know they can see that vow through.
      March 7, 2018 8:25 PM MST

Perhaps.
      March 8, 2018 7:43 AM MST