Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What's the cutest ad you've seen on AnswerMug?

What's the cutest ad you've seen on AnswerMug?

I have no idea what they're selling, but this image cracks me up!  

Posted - March 8, 2018

Responses

Why is a picture of Donald Trump's wig flying into a hole in one funny?

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 8, 2018 7:55 AM MST
      March 8, 2018 7:54 AM MST

Don't insult that adorable fox like that, Sharonna! 
      March 8, 2018 8:02 AM MST

Even the fox pinching a loaf is cuter than any part of Trump.

March 8, 2018 8:08 AM MST

The Russian Bride Ads, of course.  You know the cute ones that helped elect Trump?

Megan Fox, Russian Brides Spoof on Saturday Night Live
    8. October 2009 by Michelle 0 Comments

Russian Brides

In the past, Russian women’s photos were actually displayed in catalogs with price tags, which is how the term “mail order bride” originated. Fortunately today, there are online services, such as HotRussianBrides.com, which offer the communication tools necessary for open-minded bachelors to pursue friendship, romance, and yes, possibly even marriage with women overseas. Since SNL’s premise is to basically spoof and mock everything for a laugh, of course their portrayal of the Russian bride stereotype is no different.

This is what was thought close to a decade ago:

There may still be organizations out there that offer Russian brides for sale, but the successful and legal ones simply provide men with an online dating opportunity to talk and meet with Russian women. Since the industry has the term “mail order” attached to it, the stigma persists that these women are bought and sold, but this is not true. The legitimate organizations charge fees for services such as helping people meet, exchanging emails, phone calls, gifts, and setting up meetings. The courting and relationship building is still controlled by the gentlemen and ladies involved.

This is what we are discovering today:  Russia took an idea and used sex, drugs and rock and roll over the internet, so to speak.  They appealed to the idea that lonely men will glom onto pretty women from overseas and they used that to hijack information on the dupe and the USA's computer networking systems.  (I am not a techie, I know I am being simplistic here)

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 8, 2018 9:31 AM MST
      March 8, 2018 7:56 AM MST

Hilarious! 
      March 8, 2018 8:11 AM MST

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/russian-brides/n12527
      March 8, 2018 8:11 AM MST

And then there are Slovinian brides here illegally.  It turns out she is on an "Einstein pass" as far as why she is legally in this country.  This is fraud, because she was a model.  The only people that are afforded this Einstein exception are people who have an extraordinary gift, such as an exceptional TALENT to let one pass unencumbered, into the USA.  Melania has no such exceptional talents.  She was an OKAY Model in Europe.  She posed nude in mags too.  She was hardly an EXCEPTIONAL TALENT, even if Models were considered in that category. 

They were more for scientists, architects, entrepreneurs that were thriving, etc.  NOT models. Not Melania.  Some palms were greased and maybe that is why she puts up with the idiot.  That, and a very hefty paycheck.   We know he likes to pay off women to shut up. 

If she wears hats like this, it is hard for him to reach her. 

March 8, 2018 8:19 AM MST

You mean exceptional talents in the bedroom don't count? 
      March 8, 2018 8:23 AM MST

When you have to pay a woman $130,000 to have sex with you, you have no talent at all except that you are rich beyond measure.

March 9, 2018 9:38 PM MST

This is making me think that maybe it's Melania who has paid these women to have sex with him... so that she doesn't have to! 

You can hardly blame her. 
      March 10, 2018 7:31 AM MST

• I don't believe I've ever used the world cute to describe an ad anywhere.  If anything they, along with gifs, are annoying and data consuming, thus adblocker.
      March 8, 2018 8:38 AM MST

world   word

~ Randy 

(I'm channeling him)
      March 9, 2018 8:57 PM MST

• Yep, I sure blew that one.
      March 10, 2018 5:22 AM MST

~

August 21, 2020 9:43 AM MDT

Yes! I really like you! 
      August 22, 2020 10:27 AM MDT

Hole in one?
    poop in one?
    Hope that is Trumps golf course
    and that he gets a ball in that hole
    and gets that s*** all over his wittle hands. haha
      March 8, 2018 9:29 AM MST

Yes! 
    And I hope a photographer gets a picture of him bending over and his adult diaper is leaking. 
      March 9, 2018 8:59 PM MST