Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » It's another gender thing. The anti-Trump gals despise doofus. Guys? Not so much. Why? Because the women relate to the women he abused?

It's another gender thing. The anti-Trump gals despise doofus. Guys? Not so much. Why? Because the women relate to the women he abused?

It's visceral/palpable. We shudder and cringe at the sight of him and can barely tolerate listening to him. We mute him because he turns our stomachs and makes us want to barf. Now not all women who are anti him react that way. But enough of us do and I don't know any fella who gets that physically repelled. What do you think is the reason for the different levels of dislike/disgust/despair if not gender and our ability to relate to his victims?

Posted - March 8, 2018

Responses

Men do have empathy. It's a complete fallacy that women have more empathy.

Women just have a strong "in group preference". In a "he said, she said" situation, where there is no hard evidence who is telling the truth, women will tend to believe the woman instinctively and on principle. Men are just more rational than women on average and less likely to jump to conclusions based on their intuition and without hard evidence.

If people think Trump is of bad character that is their judgement call to make, though it's just a (deluded) opinion, not empathy for anyone.

Where is your empathy for men who are falsely accused of things they didn't do? Yeah, that's what I thought. More empty leftist virtue signalling.
    This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 9, 2018 3:41 PM MST
      March 8, 2018 10:35 AM MST

You are welcome of course to "despise" anyone you wish to for whatever reasons.  Which I think rather a waste of energy. I voted for Pres. Trump and I do not despise him or fear him not do I see that he "abused"' anyone!  In fact actually I quite admire some of his courageous stands on certain issues.  I know and have worked with men like him and I don't see him as any worse than most men and in fact perhaps even better than most. He is simply used to getting his own way so has in some respects become accustomed to that.  Trump was around as a public figure for many years before without drawing any hate.  I think for most women who claim to "despise" him more its just their disappointment that Clinton did not win.  So more - poor losers when they didn't get their way. So they bend over backwards and jump through hoops with invective and hatred and condemnation.  Which, really, however we may feel politically, just seems one rather ordinary, if successful, man is unworthy of such attention. Negative or positive. Not everyone like Obama or Clinton.  But we tolerated them and lived with them and managed to be happy enough ourselves and thrive ourselves in spite of them. 
      March 8, 2018 11:42 AM MST

Trump did draw a goodly number of women voters as well as black voters.  More so than Romney. But not as many as Clinton. 
      March 8, 2018 11:44 AM MST

Go figure. I know I don't get it as a woman.
      March 8, 2018 11:51 AM MST

His willingness to protect and honor conservative values. 
      March 8, 2018 11:57 AM MST

So conservative values are cheating on your wife, bragging about sexual conquests, insulting disabled people, lying to get ahead...etc....etc.?
      March 8, 2018 12:08 PM MST

Conservative values are different then they were when I was a kid..
    My dad was a republican and never said or did the things they do now.
    And  know he would have never voted for Trump.
      March 8, 2018 12:22 PM MST

The decent people I knew in the day would have NEVER voted for Trump, regardless if they were a Republican.  

I would be embarrassed to say I voted him.
      March 8, 2018 12:27 PM MST

My dad was a true gentleman and set the bar pretty high for the men I dated.
    If any of them had talked like Trump does, or treated me the way he does women he would have been history real fast.
      March 8, 2018 12:37 PM MST

THAT is what integrity and having "family values" is all about.  The conservatives at one time seem to embrace qualities like your father's.  What the heck happened?
      March 8, 2018 12:39 PM MST

Peas the men I know do not respect trump because of the exact same reasons you posted above. I know MANY people who are NOT conservative who do live a moral life and respect family values. I also know conservatives who don't have morals or values. As many of my elders would say "Do right, because it IS the right thing to do." They never mentioned political affiliation when teaching me the meaning of 'living right". I also know many who are/have turned from their previous political affiation, because they will not endorse someone  who speaks out of both sides of their mouth. I'm not talking about anyone who is not intelligent or doesn't have a career. I'm speaking of professional people who have worked their rear ends off to be a positive light.

This post was edited by SA (SuperA) at March 9, 2018 5:45 AM MST
      March 8, 2018 12:45 PM MST

Beautifully said SA.  It really is about personal integrity.
      March 8, 2018 1:13 PM MST

I don't know HOW people fail to realize this! 
      March 8, 2018 1:35 PM MST

Me either.  
      March 8, 2018 1:47 PM MST

Me too neitherPeaPod! :(
      March 9, 2018 4:01 AM MST

I can only speak for myself.  Donald reminds me of every loser I ever knew in high school that thought he was God's gift to women by openly bragging in a very derogatory manner on how he got into some unsuspecting girl's drawers.

I seriously thought most guys stopped that nonsense when they entered adulthood.
      March 8, 2018 11:50 AM MST

I think a very realistic point of view, based upon the facts.  No many men continue with that into adulthood especially among themselves.  What do you think men talk about?  Boring but doesn't unfit them for anything else. 
      March 8, 2018 11:54 AM MST

I think men and women equally talk about sex for the rest of their lives on some level, but the locker room braggarts like Trump stick out by the time they leave school.  Something is seriously wrong with the man imho.
      March 8, 2018 12:06 PM MST

His development definitely ended at about about age 14. Pimply hormones raging. He probably had lots of "dirty" magazines hidden somewhere in his room and probably still does. He never advanced beyond that and amazingly that is exactly what attracts his worshippers. Pimply hormones and his sexual conquests.  Who knew there was market for that breed of "human". SIGH. Thank you for your reply PeaPod and Happy Friday! :)
      March 9, 2018 4:05 AM MST

I think he was spoiled from day one and learned to be a ruthless business man at an early age.  I don't believe he was ever taught the beauty of having morals and integrity.

Happy Friday Rosie!
      March 9, 2018 9:32 AM MST

His dad didn't. At one  point Freddy (I think that was daddy's name) marched with the KKK. Both dad and don were sued when they refused to sell to African Americans. So racism is certainly part of his heritage. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I wonder if his dad sexually molested women too and had babes on the side all during is marriage? Thank you for your reply PeaPod and Happy Saturday! :)
      March 10, 2018 3:25 AM MST

What about all the women who voted for Trump?

I mean WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT?   There are a lot of white women who voted for the pig.

I am embarrassed for them.   This is what they all seem like to me.  Mindless bimbos who have a head for cash and no integrity at all.

March 8, 2018 4:05 PM MST

Not all of them. I know several really smart, senior citizens who voted for him.
    Some did because they thought he was the lesser of two evils. Now we see how that worked out.
      March 8, 2018 4:35 PM MST

Some really wanted to believe he was more than what he was in reality.  You make a really good point about the elderly voting for him.  My mother only had a radio to listen to in the end being legally blind.  She did not have cable TV, newspapers, or the Internet.  If you know anything about radio, unless you know about NPR, all talk radio is bias conservative.  That was the station she got hooked into and she bought into that talk.  She was also remembering when being a conservative meant high morals and character being part of their platform.  That was always important to my mother.  She was too frail to go vote, but if she could have, it would have been for Trump.
      March 9, 2018 9:43 AM MST