Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Religious RIGHTS are more important than HUMAN RIGHTS or MORAL BELIEFS. Why is Religion more important than morality?

Religious RIGHTS are more important than HUMAN RIGHTS or MORAL BELIEFS. Why is Religion more important than morality?

Why can you legally object to things because it's against your religious beliefs but you cannot object because it goes against your humane instincts? How is that fair and just or equitable?  Separate children from their parents at the border. Attack someone who informs others that an ICE sweep is going down? Humane is a word unheard of among many so-called religious folks. What a joke they are! There is nothing remotely humane about them yet they cling to their religion as if it proves how good they are. They are not good. They are not humane. They are not what or whom they think they are. :(

Posted - March 10, 2018

Responses

Religion is MORALITY.   There is no moral code in what passes for FAKE religion these days.  Do NOT confuse the TRIBES for POWER, i.e. the RIGHT- WING EVANGELICALS,  with Religion.

Evangelicals can get behind Trump because they follow a religion blindly that makes zero sense.  Therefore, it stands to reason that a leader  of high power should make no sense.  He must be GOD he doesn't make SENSE!!!!

Oh BLINDING LIGHT!  OH LIGHT THAT BLINDS~  I cannot SEE~  LOOK OUT FOR MEEEEEE!!!!!

(Religion and politics are not remotely useful as a mix.)   Religion should be kept private.  When society infringes upon religion, it is up to the religion to tone it down, not the other way around.  Religion is a set of guidelines and rules that one follows to advance spiritually.

OPINIONS are what people are using to back their sick ideas and they are calling THAT RELIGION because THESE DAYS?  All you need is a moral majority on any OPINION to START a religion and pretend God is behind this nonsense.   God is NOT a Christian.  God has no wings right nor left wings.  God of course is not an atheist either.  BUT?  God doesn't care if YOU are.  God is not even part of this mix.   GOD IS THE WITNESS.   God is not interfering with choices, just consequences.

So, to put religion on par with Government or Law is preposterous.   We do not get to strut our opinions of what to believe in the face of society.

There is no Freedom of Religion because Religion should be not seen nor heard. If you want to join a cult or a group of like-minded worshippers, go find the address and go there. Period.

We have no right to have churches and beliefs that are exempt from paying TAXES. 

What kind of BULL is that anyway?  Scientology is now TAX EXEMPT.  Because they are now a RELIGION.  This way they can rule the world.   Sounds fair.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 10, 2018 9:38 AM MST
      March 10, 2018 9:31 AM MST

I disagree with thee. The EVANGELICALS have embraced the scumbum doofus don. So have many so-called "religious" Republicans on Answermug. That is evil and immoral in my opinion. Thank you for your reply Sharon. Favoritism sucks. Partisanship sucks. People who call themselves religious but suck up to a piece of trash like doofus don? Right on! They suck too! SIGH.:(
      March 10, 2018 9:33 AM MST

You don't disagree.  You didn't let me finish.  Please re-read.

I agree with thee. I just didn't finish.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 11, 2018 4:53 AM MDT
      March 10, 2018 9:39 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Sharon. I never liked Tom Cruise. I know why Scientology loves the guy. He is stupid and wealthy and gives the  organization millions of dollars each year. Who wouldn't love that?
      March 11, 2018 4:54 AM MDT

I agree with thee. And there are so many things done in the name of religion that should be against the law.
      March 10, 2018 11:19 AM MST

SIGH. With the current of swampdwellers in government we are doomed. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom! :)
      March 11, 2018 4:52 AM MDT

Oh God, where to begin?... It's just so wrongheaded I'm not sure where to start.

Firstly no one has a right to not be criticised. We will attack whoever we want, whenever want, for whatever we want. (If you don't agree, then you are a hypocrite since you frequently attack conservatives.)

Laws that protect religious rights are about INDIVIDUAL rights. The law recognises that the law should not force an INDIVIDUAL to DO something that violates THEIR conscience. This does not apply to what the government is doing that the individual disagrees with but is not directly involved in. If an individual disagrees with government policy they are free to campaign for a change in government policy.

If a government official feels that they can't in good conscience execute their duty, they should resign. They aren't being forced to do anything.

The law does not set religious rights above human rights. Human rights trump religious rights. That's why ritual human sacrifice etc is illegal.

Religious rights are only ever set above PRIVILEGES, that the leftist feels entitled to, not rights. You can't name a single right that has been violated. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 12, 2018 1:07 PM MDT
      March 11, 2018 4:25 AM MDT