Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What age were you when you looked forward the most to being older, and at what age did you most look back on when you were young? ~

What age were you when you looked forward the most to being older, and at what age did you most look back on when you were young? ~

Posted - March 11, 2018

Responses

I swear to GOD I never EVER wanted to be one day older.  I've always wanted to remain young.  Always.  Maybe that is why I never wanted to celebrate my birthday.   Thanks, Dr. Freud, for unearthing that embarrassing admission.  One more neurosis to add to the neuroses pile.

I have Peter Pan Syndrome.   If that isn't a syndrome, it should be, it's real.

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH SMALL PETER SYNDROME.  

March 11, 2018 9:46 PM MDT

Probably around 13 or 14 I was ready to be an adult.  I look back now at my youth and can smile about my life.  The hard and sad times of my later years do not undo all of the wonderful ones.  I'm still having wonderful times but I'm changed forever by some events over which I had no control.  My burden is to still find happiness in life.  I am doing that.
      March 12, 2018 1:04 AM MDT

Around 13 or 14 as well.
    I was just entering into a new school and being smaller than the high school kids was stressful and also I wanted to drive. I wanted to be 16 or at least a year older than I was.

The age that I look back on? Probably being about 25 or 26 was pretty easy as far as maintaining myself. In your 30's it becomes a game if trying to look like I'm in my 20's again, but It's a losing battle. LoL!
      March 12, 2018 11:08 AM MDT

• To being older?  15 to 15 1/2 ... so I'd be old enough to get my Driver's Permit.

Looking back or going back?  I don't do that.  Too depressing.
      March 12, 2018 4:56 PM MDT

I'm looking forward to 21, but I understand that it's not wise to wish time away.
      March 24, 2018 1:06 PM MDT