Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » have you ever had a windburn? how did it make you feel?

have you ever had a windburn? how did it make you feel?

makes me feel ANGRY 

Posted - March 11, 2018

Responses

I've lived in Chicago for years.  It is not called the Windy City for nothing.  Yes.  I was without a car the whole time I lived and worked there and it was hell trucking throughout the Loop, Downtown Chicago, the city on the banks of Lake Michigan, in the winter, which lasts a good 5 months or more.

So, yes I have had it and it is as bad as sunburn.  Sometimes the two are mixed.

Vaseline is a life-saver.   And, sorry, I have no clue what this picture even means.  But it was my only Vaseline pic. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 11, 2018 10:43 PM MDT
      March 11, 2018 10:39 PM MDT

• It feels so much worse than a sunburn. Any product I put on it burns like hell. I tried like six different things, even aveeno and they all made it feel worse.  The only thing that worked for me is aquaphor. 
    I hate wind :( 
      March 11, 2018 10:43 PM MDT

Even vaseline?

I burned my hand really badly last year on hot wax that melted on my skin.  I had to go to a burn clinic.  Anyway, they gave me this sliver oxide medicine that was for 2nd degree burns.  You probably would appreciate something like that stuff.  I don't know how you could get any though. 

It is made to quickly mend burns. 
      March 11, 2018 10:55 PM MDT

Of course.  It happens in the boat, in convertibles, walking on the beach, etc.  When we walk on the beach in cool weather we have always coated our faces with Vaseline.  It is a good protectant.  If sunny be sure and wear a hat though.
      March 12, 2018 12:53 AM MDT

Before air conditioning was invented, almost any ride in a pickup in summer would produce windburned face and arm. Left arm for the driver, right arm for the passenger, and the entire upper body for anybody riding in back. Yes, it was common to ride in the back of a pickup in those days.
      March 12, 2018 1:41 PM MDT

The whole thing burned my a$$. 
      March 12, 2018 2:46 PM MDT