Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Randy's challenging me. I gotta..... OK. Besides an orangutan and a cock (rooster), what kind of animal does TRUMP remind you of?

Randy's challenging me. I gotta..... OK. Besides an orangutan and a cock (rooster), what kind of animal does TRUMP remind you of?

Posted - March 12, 2018

Responses

A duck - because he'll be replaced by Mickey after the midterms.

Actually he reminds me more of a fruit.

March 13, 2018 5:35 AM MDT

A Trumboon.
      March 13, 2018 11:13 AM MDT

the worsest animal
    in the whole animal world...
    it only manifests itself into a human form
    every few hundred years.
    It's a living virus that is animal in instinct
    but  takes on a human form to destroy the world
    and fill his pockets with Gold.

This post was edited by Baba at March 13, 2018 10:01 PM MDT
      March 13, 2018 2:34 PM MDT

A Weasel that e'vole'd into a Rat    :(
      March 13, 2018 3:46 PM MDT

Hmm...

The Phylogenetic Scale

Implicit in the work of comparative psychologists from Darwin's day until about the 1930s is something called the phylogenetic scale This is a ranking of animals according to their general complexity and ability, from lowest to highest. The concept is still present in our language, when we use the phrase "lower animals."

What was the "phylogenetic scale"? How did it resemble the Scala Naturae of Aristotle?

The idea that some species are more advanced than others goes back nearly 2400 years to Aristotle's notion of a Great Scale of Nature or Scala Naturae. Aristotle suggested that animals could be ordered from least (for example, worms and snails) to intermediate levels (such as dogs and cats) to the highest and most advanced level (humans). Romanes, like Darwin, accepted this idea as common sense. He wanted to trace the development of intelligence as it moved "up the phylogenetic scale" from simple or primitive animals to complex or advanced animals.

On the surface, the phylogenetic or "phyletic" scale seems reasonable. It is true some species are more advanced than others in particular ways. However, modern psychologists recognize many different forms of intelligence. There could be a different phylogenetic scale for each type of intelligence. On a test of odor recognition, a bloodhound would rate as far more advanced than a human.

Based on the basic concept mentioned above, I would vote for Moronic Worm.
      March 13, 2018 4:05 PM MDT

I figured you were working up to a great insult.  Moronic worm.  I'll take it. 
      March 13, 2018 10:01 PM MDT