Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Can you name a decision you made, knowing it was a mistake, but believing it was a mistake you had to make?

Can you name a decision you made, knowing it was a mistake, but believing it was a mistake you had to make?

Posted - March 15, 2018

Responses

Yes.  I knew I had to fly to Chicago to get my daughter in the 90's while I lived here in Arizona.   I knew it was going to be a hellish situation, but I had to do it because she was in dire straits.   My mother, my daughter  and I had to live together.   It was a nightmare.

I can get along with my daughter fine.  Most of the time.   No one can get along with my mother.   So, it was a nightmare.  But I would have to say I did the right thing even though I paid.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 15, 2018 10:05 PM MDT
      March 15, 2018 9:52 PM MDT

Feeling pressured to marry young because I was pregnant.  I didn't want to do it, but the pressure from his family was enormous.  I wasn't in a stage in my life where I had much of a backbone.  Sure enough, the marriage quickly failed and I became a struggling single mother.  It all worked out in the end and I was a lot stronger for it.  But I wouldn't have ever married the man, given my own choice.
      March 15, 2018 10:04 PM MDT

The only mistake I ever made was when I thought I made a mistake. I was mistaken.
      March 16, 2018 7:39 PM MDT

Having an abortion when I was 19 I knew was nothing to feel good about but at the time no way was I not going to have it.  So I have ever since felt guilty and regretted it.  Especially as I never had children. 
      March 16, 2018 7:50 PM MDT