Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The HERO is the one who swoops in and saves you. Not the other way around. How many work 24/7 to save Trump's a**? Are you one of 'em?

The HERO is the one who swoops in and saves you. Not the other way around. How many work 24/7 to save Trump's a**? Are you one of 'em?

Posted - March 21, 2018

Responses

No. A hero is not the one who swoops in and saves you. There is only heroism in doing something that is dangerous and carries the risk of personal loss. Someone who works to saves others, but is not at risk themselves, is no hero.

If the deep state blows Trump's head off, which is growing more and more likely as the indictment of the Clinton crime machine approaches, he will be a martyr to the right like you wouldn't believe. The system is frightened to do it, but they really really want to.

Trump knew what he was getting into. He has put his ass on the line. That is heroism. It doesn't matter whether he succeeds or fails. Some of his closest associates are also heroes because the system will destroy them to get to him.

The right isn't working hard just to save Trump's ass. We're working to save ourselves, and western civilisation in general. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 22, 2018 1:26 AM MDT
      March 21, 2018 1:14 PM MDT

Most of us don't redefine words to suit our purposes.

So here's the definition of "hero" from The Oxford English Dictionary---a person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

You say, "The right isn't working hard just to save Trump's ass. We're working to save ourselves, and western civilisation in general."

Please, I beg you, please don't do me any more favors.
      March 21, 2018 2:51 PM MDT

To me, courage is the central and key quality of heroism. If you disagree, that's your opinion. It doesn't disprove my opinion. Language is subjective and constantly evolving. Dictionaries merely print the general consensus on what words mean. They don't settle arguments on how people SHOULD see things.

Funny that you accuse me of defining words for my own purposes, but don't seem to think Rosie has done the same thing. Rosie implies that a hero doesn't need rescue and that anyone who did need saving is not a hero. As if needing rescue means that a person is not brave, has not achieved outstanding things, and has no noble qualities. Though, as far as I'm concerned, Rosie has a perfect right to see heroism however she chooses. I just see it differently. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 22, 2018 1:27 AM MDT
      March 21, 2018 4:55 PM MDT

Saving Trump is not the work of ANY hero.

It is the work of sycophants who want to hang onto the only rung of any ladder that anyone will let them hang on.    Most of these people could not get a job in any field of politics. They have no experience.  But he lies and says they are the best of the best.  The best of WHAT?  Bobbleheads that can nod for hours?  And smile.  

Trump hires the maniacally desperate.  If he told them to sneak in Hillary Clinton's bedroom and take photos of her sleeping, they would hire someone to do it.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 22, 2018 2:36 AM MDT
      March 21, 2018 7:05 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Sharon and the VERY SCARY graphic. The stuff of nightmares! :(
      March 22, 2018 2:37 AM MDT