Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Al Sharpton's brother charged with murder after protesting in the "March for Our Lifes". Ironic?

Al Sharpton's brother charged with murder after protesting in the "March for Our Lifes". Ironic?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/al-sharptons-half-brother-charged-in-murder-after-marching-against-guns

The half-brother of Rev. Al Sharpton, Rev. Kenneth Glasgow, also an activist whose group participated in Saturday’s anti-gun March For Our Lives, has been charged in a Sunday shooting death in Dothan, Ala. 

He was not the shooter, he was driving the car which makes him liable for the murder under AL law. They we searching for a woman who had stolen the passengers car.

No response from Sharpton as of yet. Will he claim race card? Or keep quiet?

Posted - March 28, 2018

Responses

Yup, it is ironic and playing the race card is almost a sure thing. Thing is, there always comes a time when what they do, comes back to bite em in the butt.
      March 28, 2018 2:07 PM MDT

Every man shall bear his own burden.
      March 28, 2018 3:10 PM MDT

You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family.  Every man shall bear his own burden. This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at March 28, 2018 3:34 PM MDT
      March 28, 2018 2:13 PM MDT

True family is picked for us.
      March 28, 2018 5:10 PM MDT

Yup, you're right. Family or not, everyone does bear their own burden. Or as I put it, it'll come back to bite you in the butt. :)
      March 29, 2018 8:25 AM MDT

I suppose it depends on what he mostly is, a half-brother or a parson (or maybe some third possibility)

But i guess in your book, what he mostly is, is black
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/27/al-sharptons-half-brother-charged-with-capital-murder-in-alabama-shooting.html This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at March 28, 2018 3:30 PM MDT
      March 28, 2018 3:09 PM MDT

I see the 1/2 brother as rather hypocritical....marching at an antigun rally then within 24hrs being involved in a gun murder.  The black comment is only because of Sharptons history.  Otherwise I don't care about color. 
      March 28, 2018 5:09 PM MDT

If you read the article I linked you will a bit more of the story. The reverend gave the owner of the car (who ended up shooting) a ride to look for her missing car. I know that US laws in some cases hold such helpers accountable as accessories to the ensuing criminality. Another instance is the woman who got some 6 years of jail time for giving a ride to a friend (who asked her to drive to the address where her mariuana selling pusher could be found).

I wonder, If Sharpton is given jail time for being an accessory to murder, and is then raped by the jails 'shower gang', can the judge who sent him there then be charged as an accessory to rape? How about the jury? I believe a jury trial is mandatory in murder cases. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at March 28, 2018 7:22 PM MDT
      March 28, 2018 7:06 PM MDT

No, he did not just give a ride. And then be on his way....if that were the case then no he should not be charged. 

Glasgow was the driver during a drive by shooting. So he is responsible as well. 
     Rev. Al Sharpton’s half-brother was arrested Monday on capital murder charges for the drive-by killing of a woman there.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/03/27/man-claiming-to-be-al-sharptons-half-brother-arrested-for-murder/amp/

March 28, 2018 8:04 PM MDT

• I'm pretty sure I'm not reading this wrong.  It's very instigative, and I don't believe I've ever witnessed a more blatant racial rant.  What is your motive?  Al isn't responsible for what his half-brother did any more than you are.
      March 28, 2018 3:40 PM MDT

I do not mean it as racist. Sharpton has a long history of race agitation. No, Sharpton is most definitely not responsible for anyone else's actions. It is more about the antigun protestor who gets charged with a gun murder....within 24hrs.
      March 28, 2018 5:39 PM MDT

Yes indeed, gotta agree. People, whether intentionally or un-intentionally forget that Sharpton does have a long history of race agitation which is why I said that the race card will be played at some point.
      March 29, 2018 8:37 AM MDT

I didn't see or sense anything instigative or racial in my2cents' question. Knowing the track record of Al Sharpton, he carries a whole deck of race cards wherever he go's which I'm sure is why she asked what she did. This has nothing to do with race but to do with the history of the individual.
      March 29, 2018 8:45 AM MDT

I don't see the racist connection in the question. could you explain the hidden racist remark that your seeing? other than "race card" which we all know sharpton is quick to use anytime he can possibly work it in.
      March 29, 2018 8:53 AM MDT

• Where does race, the race-card, or Al fit into what his half-brother did? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 29, 2018 9:38 AM MDT
      March 29, 2018 9:37 AM MDT

It doesnt..but with it being his brother surely hell rush to is defense don't you think? and the race card is always his weapon.
    nobody said al told him to do it..or tried to cover it up.
      March 29, 2018 9:43 AM MDT

• This whole thread is a "what if".  WHY instigate something that hasn't even happened?
      March 29, 2018 9:51 AM MDT

because its a question and answer site...and we're bored..thats why we come here....lol
    is not racist...and its better than discussing macaroni and cheese. Its not that serious. This post was edited by maggie at March 29, 2018 9:57 AM MDT
      March 29, 2018 9:54 AM MDT

No.  Not even surprising.  Al should be in prison with his brother.  
      March 28, 2018 9:34 PM MDT