Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Anyone else getting automated calls asking if youve seen a certain person to call this number?

Anyone else getting automated calls asking if youve seen a certain person to call this number?

Ive been getting calls like that recently saying to call this number if ive seen this person, I have no idea who this person is, its automated so i cant talk to them when they call, they give you an 833 number, today at the end of the call they said their next step was to alert the authorities, do they think im hiding this person? i have no idea who this person is so why are they calling me?

Posted - March 28, 2018

Responses

• It sounds like another scam call.  I just got one a little while ago concerning helping me with student debts I don't have.
      March 28, 2018 3:46 PM MDT

Another scam coming out of India or The Phillipines. Just hang up.
      March 28, 2018 3:47 PM MDT

• It's also very nice of them to offer an extended warranty for my 16 year old vehicle from time to time.
      March 28, 2018 3:50 PM MDT

And it costs more than the car is worth. I like the ones that say they can help with my credit card debt. I haven't had a credit card for 12 years and only used it to pay off another debt interest free.
      March 28, 2018 3:55 PM MDT

• And I can't leave out the non-existent pharmacy that wants to send me my medications by mail, all they need is my bank account number and insurance information.  I wish I was in the position to not answer calls from numbers I don't recognize.
      March 28, 2018 4:03 PM MDT

Never call the number, Pearl.  Legitimate businesses do not leave such messages.  It may be debt collectors trying to locate someone, but you don't need to help them do that.  And, if they call you directly and you answer tell them to never call your number again and then hang up.  
      March 28, 2018 9:25 PM MDT