Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Dumb question, but tree sperm is sperm that make plant babies?

Dumb question, but tree sperm is sperm that make plant babies?

I thought that they were something else, I thought plants asexually reproduce.

I'm asking because there's a crude saying that goes "pollen is tree c*m"

Posted - April 3, 2018

Responses

The question isn't dumb, but the people who refer to pollen that way are usually no more than 12 years old mentally and psychologically, although their physical age may be much higher.

Read the "Lesson Transcript" on this site:

https://study.com/academy/lesson/pollen-grain-definition-structure-function.html

April 3, 2018 8:47 PM MDT

• Thank you that was very informative. I've learned this stuff in Bio last semester but I never thought of it as "making babies" like animals and people do and I agree it's an immature way to put it
      April 3, 2018 9:06 PM MDT

Birds do it.
    Bees do it.
    Even educated trees do it.
    You would think people would get used to it.
      April 3, 2018 9:13 PM MDT

Google "smart".  Try and be that.  You can do it.
      April 4, 2018 12:53 AM MDT

Whatever Sap sucks seed's to reproduce is barking up the wrong tree.....I say this only ingest . :)D 

Please don't try this at home ,rather go out in the forest and find a Popular tree to pratice on.......Find its Special Branch and just  go for it...... 

Go with Theresa Green, as they pine for nuts all the time I've herd.......life can get pretty boring just standing or rooting about all day :( 
      April 4, 2018 3:05 AM MDT

Yes, for plants the male 'semens' ere usually called 'Pollen'.

Most plants can also reproduce in asexual ways, from cuttings or branches bowing down to the ground and taking root, or ... when this happens the plant is essentially cloning itself, producing a new plant with the exact same genetic code as the original plant.

Your question may be ignorant,but ignorance can be remedied by asking. Stupidity is much harder to cure.

And dont forget:
    This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at April 4, 2018 7:30 AM MDT
      April 4, 2018 3:22 AM MDT

If chocolate is the answer, what is the question?
      April 4, 2018 7:30 AM MDT