Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Did your cats -or other pets ever do mischief that made it sound like someone was breaking into your place?

Did your cats -or other pets ever do mischief that made it sound like someone was breaking into your place?

Posted - April 5, 2018

Responses

Of course.  Cats wait until the middle of the night to get into noisy mischief.  I've gone downstairs many times to see what the noise was about.  That was years ago.  No pets for me now.
      April 5, 2018 2:36 AM MDT

Long as they make enough noise to scare the burglars away. 
      April 5, 2018 2:47 AM MDT

My cat knows just what to do which annoys me enough to wake me up: He bats at the cord for the blinds, clinking it against the window glass, paws at the mirror that hangs over my clothing drawers, walks all over me or touches my face with his paw.  I know it's not a burglar, it's just a standard 3 am trick to wake me up.  It is now 5:15 am and I've been up since 3 am.  
    This post was edited by Sunshine at April 5, 2018 3:23 AM MDT
      April 5, 2018 3:15 AM MDT

My cat likes tipping anything over that can be tipped over.
      April 5, 2018 3:24 AM MDT

Yes, they jump onto the window air conditioner and it sounds like somebody lifted the corner of the house.
      April 5, 2018 4:37 AM MDT

Every night!  One cat goes through all the lower cupboards and drawers in the kitchen nightly.  He forms his paw into a hook and pulls them open (I never should have taught him how to do that when he was a kitten).  He then proceeds to jump on the washer and dryer - all 16 pounds of him and yowl.  Then he sits on every chair in the house and rocks them so that they vibrate on the floor (click, click, click).  My other cat is less noisy... unless he uses the litter box.  Not only does he bury his "deposit", but he must organize the entire box all poops on one side stacked vertically).  Then when he finally finishes, he must knock every trace of litter from his paws.  He does this by pounding then on the side of the bathtub (whack, whack, whack, whack).  OCD??   He used to be a quiet little kitty.  But once he saw "big brother" yowl (at 80 decibels), he decided that he should top that.  Now he yowls at 80 decibels.  Problem is, he's a bit dingy so he yowls to himself.  If he goes into a room but forgets what he went in there for, he'll yowl until he remembers.  If he never remembers, he'll just walk away "cursing" loudly.    And then there's the "nightly hairball routine.  One can't just have a hairball and get it over with, no they have to prolong it so that everyone within a mile has a chance to hear them.  Of course, most of the time they don't have a hairball.  They were merely conducting a test of the "emergency hairball system".

I swear, if anyone ever did break into this place and made noise, I'd just yell, "knock it off you stupid cats!" and go back go sleep. 
      April 5, 2018 10:02 AM MDT