Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
CosmicWunderkind
Randy D
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do gun owners think the world is a bad place and promulgate it by the idea of guns and danger instead of carrying on unhindered by paranoia?

Do gun owners think the world is a bad place and promulgate it by the idea of guns and danger instead of carrying on unhindered by paranoia?

Posted - April 7, 2018

Responses

Many places in the world are bad, dangerous even; one need be neither a gun owner nor unduly paranoid to understand this. 

You’ll find a common thread of tyranny is the prohibition of weapons among the common folk. This is most dangerous. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at April 7, 2018 9:14 AM MDT
      April 7, 2018 5:24 AM MDT

Gun owners have not discussed their thoughts with me. They are quite vocal about their conclusions, but I can only guess at what they are thinking.
      April 7, 2018 6:43 AM MDT

There are many places which are dangerous. 
    Guns can be a means of defense, recreation, food, economic uses, etc .
      April 7, 2018 7:08 AM MDT

Something gun control advocates either forget, ignore or both.
      April 10, 2018 7:23 AM MDT

That actually is a fairly accurate description of gun control nuts.
      April 7, 2018 5:21 PM MDT

I am from Japan where people do not own guns, but now I am in the USA where people are allowed to own guns. I am still thinking about this issue. The world can be quite a dangerous place. There are crimes committed in all nations. I have had a few American boyfriends, and some of them owned guns. I am a 5'-2.3", 99 lbs. lady, and one boyfriend said that if a large man should attack me, a gun would be my best method of self-defense against such a aggressor. That makes sense to me. Guns can be used for self-defense and to stop crimes.
      April 8, 2018 1:09 PM MDT

Yes, sort of, but only in rare cases. Just trying to carry a gun is treated as a crime in itself. The primary reason to own a gun is to defend the nation against enemies foreign or elected. The elected politicians know that, and that is why they want to disarm the populace. It is very annoying to try to be a tyrant when the populace is able to defend itself.
      April 8, 2018 4:17 PM MDT