Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » What is ur opinion about this?

What is ur opinion about this?

In april 2012 when I was 11 and went to my village Falakata in west bengal India and was in my grandpa's house while going to the washing tap I saw a big spider there and I screamed loudly as I have phobia of spiders since childhood and even now. So when I screamed my grandpa came and saw it and killed the spider with a broomstick. After killing it my grandpa said it was big because it was about to lay eggs. I was relieved when he killed it

Posted - April 8, 2018

Responses

I think you enjoy telling about your life. Have you thought about making a blog here?

As to your story, I don't like spiders either...so it is good he killed it.
      April 8, 2018 11:17 AM MDT

I think it's quite sad. Spiders are extremely important to ecosystems and humans. They help to control harmful insects and their venom is also used to treat human diseases. Yes, the venom of some spiders is quite dangerous to humans, but we aren't prey to them, and they don't seek us out to harm. 

https://animals.mom.me/importance-spiders-ecosystem-6242.html

April 8, 2018 11:27 AM MDT

I have no real opinion. My childhood memories are just as chaotic and random.
      April 8, 2018 11:37 AM MDT

I don't have a problem with spiders. That doesn't mean I like them in my bed. When I was a kid, I played with the most poisonous spider in the world. It was the 'Daddy Long Legs' variety. They don't have enough poison to injure a human, but tough on their bug enemys.
      April 8, 2018 11:52 AM MDT