Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I'm a worrier. I like to know when folks are going to be gone for awhile so I don't worry about them. Do you let people know or no? Why?

I'm a worrier. I like to know when folks are going to be gone for awhile so I don't worry about them. Do you let people know or no? Why?

Posted - April 12, 2018

Responses

I usually let at least one person in my family know if I'm not going to be around for more than a couple of days.  As far as on line, I rarely announce that I won't be home as a security measure.  No point inviting someone to break into my apartment. :)
      April 12, 2018 10:40 AM MDT

True but how would they know where you live my friend?  Thank you for your reply L and of course you know to what I refer, right? I also received a message from a mugger letting me know that she and a couple of others would be gone from the mug for awhile to take a break. The details of why are kinda aggravating but I did appreciate her letting me know so I wouldn't worry. I mean you may not chat with folks every day but you are aware of their presence elsewhere. So when they're gone beyond a day or so you worry. Or at least I do. I read once that "worry is the interest you pay on  trouble". I agree with that and I've paid a lot of interest over the years. :)
      April 13, 2018 2:48 AM MDT

You would be amazed at how much personal information is out there from which they could find you!  I also wonder when I don't see someone who's on here frequently and then they go dark for a while. 
      April 13, 2018 8:38 AM MDT

I Googled  me once and was SHOCKED. I never did it again. SIGH. Thank you for your reply L ! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 13, 2018 9:42 AM MDT
      April 13, 2018 9:31 AM MDT

:) :) :)
      April 13, 2018 9:42 AM MDT

If I'm home alone and decide to go out I just do Rosie....I don't leave any messages to say what I'm upto....who I live with doesn't really either...I suppose there are times if I'm popping up the shops I would say where I was going and ask if anyone wanted anything, but nothing more than that....
    Obviously if I had to stay out over night or had to work away for a few days I would let them know what's going on ...
      April 12, 2018 12:56 PM MDT

It's not like you have to check in with them or get permission D. It's just that if you go out alone to somewhere and no one knows about it what if you get into some kind of trouble? The world is a dangerous place sweetie. I am a great fan of "the buddy system". You go to the beach. Go into the water. Have someone there who can come to your rescue if you need it. Maybe that's paranoid. Maybe it's just the mom in me wanting to make sure her kids are safe and OK. We are on a hugging basis with some employees at the markets we go to. I worry if I don't see them for a few weeks and then I ask someone "where is xxxxx"?  Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee! :)
      April 13, 2018 2:52 AM MDT

It's not really an unsafe place England to travel about in Rosie....keep out of the unsafe high immigrant areas of London late at night and you are relatively safe...
     I don't hear of many assaults taking place ,but they do still happen  
      April 13, 2018 5:04 AM MDT

I dunno honey.  A lovely young woman out alone is a target anywhere in the world. Sadly. I hope your faith in "safe" is justified. I'm used to having you in my life D. However far away and separated we are by age and geographical location I would be saddened greatly if something were to happen to you. Remember. I'm a worrier. It's what I do! Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 13, 2018 9:36 AM MDT

Most of Londons pretty safe Rosie as long as long as you stick to the main roads and don't go wandering down dark allys ...
      April 13, 2018 10:09 AM MDT

We should let people know.. we should, and we know that.. but do we do it? No... and that's because when life happens you don't always think or have time to tell the people who you should tell. 
      April 12, 2018 2:07 PM MDT

T'is true. I'm a worrier. Always have been. I remember as a kid if my dad were late coming from work I'd worry. When my son lived at home and I'd get home from work if he wasn't there I could always count on having a note from him waiting on the kitchen table telling me where he was. That comforted me.  A couple of times things came up that caused me to have to contact him and I was able to do so with ease. That's insurance against becoming frantic for whatever reason. I appreciated that a lot. It isn't because people need to account to you for where they are or get permission. It's just a kindness in case they need to get in touch for whatever reason. Thank you for your reply Addb! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 13, 2018 2:57 AM MDT
      April 13, 2018 2:56 AM MDT