Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Is it worth it to have a knee implant?

Is it worth it to have a knee implant?

I was supposed to have one about 6 yrs ago, but i moved and saw a different surgeon, he did a bilateral release instead, i have arthritis in that knee so it never healed up. now 6 yrs later i cant work on my feet and other jobs wont hire me so im constantly out of work, my primary doctor had mentioned he thinks i should have the surgery. I cant be on my feet long cause of it and im out of work a lot cause of it too, not to mention being sore 24/7. my doctor referred me to an ortho doctor, she gave me a cortisone shot and said if it didnt work to call and make an appt with a surgeon, im seeing one on tuesday, Ive had two hip implants so i know from experience once you get rid of the body part the pain goes with it. so is it a good idea?

Posted - April 12, 2018

Responses

I've had both knees replaced.  It is life-saving surgery.  I've said this to you a few times.  A good result is not without a lot of pain and work.  I suspect you have Medicaid so I believe it will pay for everything including going into a rehab hospital upon release from the surgical hospital.  Your doctor's office will find out about all of that, or they should.   You have to have some help so going home and being alone afterwards is not recommended.  It's a lot of physical therapy but so very worth living pain-free.  If you have questions about my experience private message me.  My two surgeries and recoveries were very not very similar.
      April 12, 2018 6:52 PM MDT

I dont know what medical remedy is best. All I can say is: Good Luck!
      April 12, 2018 8:00 PM MDT

thanks
      April 12, 2018 8:12 PM MDT