Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The donjohn pardons Scooter Libby a lying leaker. Accuses Comey of being a lying leaker. Will he pardon him too? Why not? What's the diff?

The donjohn pardons Scooter Libby a lying leaker. Accuses Comey of being a lying leaker. Will he pardon him too? Why not? What's the diff?

Posted - April 15, 2018

Responses

The most glaring difference is that Libby was tried and convicted and has been in jail for 17 years. Comey has not been arrested, charged with anything or been tried and convicted.  If Trump had his way, anyone who doesn't kiss his derriere should be jailed. 
      April 16, 2018 1:30 PM MDT

He has? That shows ya what I know L! I thought though Bush did not pardon him he commuted his sentence. Than you for your reply.
      April 17, 2018 11:13 AM MDT

I just checked L. His sentence was commuted. I think he avoided jail. Could you be thinking of someone else...someone from Watergate days?
      April 17, 2018 11:16 AM MDT

You're probably right.  I thought I heard on the news that he had been in jail.  Thank you.  Happy Tuesday. :)
      April 17, 2018 7:46 PM MDT

Scooter was supposed to serve 2-1/2 years in prison and George W. commuted that but refused to pardon him. That caused a big wedge between Cheney and Bush. Bush believed what Libby did was criminal and what Libby did was done to protect his boss, Cheney. So Cheney felt guilty. Now the jacka** in White House who doesn't  know his arse from a hole in the ground did what Bush was too principled to do. The Doofus undoes all the good and either does bad or does nothing. And so it goes. :( Thank you for your reply L and Happy Wednesday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at April 18, 2018 2:08 PM MDT
      April 18, 2018 2:01 AM MDT

Thanks for expanding your explanation.  There had to be some ulterior motive for Trump to pardon Libby.  Trump is neither a great friend of Libby, Cheney or Bush so there must have been some other reason.
      April 18, 2018 2:09 PM MDT

You're welcome sweetie. Well Scooter took a bullet for Cheney and that is what jacka**john the don is messaging to Mike Cohen. He will pardon Cohen but he expects Cohen to do what Scooter did. Keep mum. Wackydonjack is terrified of what might be in those recordings that Cohen made. The doofus pardoned the racist Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio who broke the law repeatedly and just pardoned another criminal in pardoning Scooter Libby. That's the carrot for  Cohen to shut the "F" up. If he is facing decades in prison and can escape it by "cooperating" with the feds he is a family  man. What do YOU think he will do? The doofus is terrified of what that answer could be. Evert day in every way the doofus gets loonier and wackier and scarier. Thank you for your reply L!
      April 19, 2018 2:48 AM MDT

I think if Michael Cohen has anything worthwhile on Trump, and I believe he just might, he should look to make an immunity deal for giving up that information, or at least a reduced sentence.  I understand if Cohen is found guilty, he could face a lot of jail time and I doubt he would do well in jail. 
      April 19, 2018 9:10 AM MDT

I read/heard that too L. Decades in prison for fraud.  Wire/bank/campaign fraud.That's serious time. The rest of his life quite likely. I also read that when goofydoofylucy went to D.C. he left Mike behind in New York. Shafted him. Didn't reward him in any way so any loyalty in the combo is all one-way. He has kids and is purportedly a very good father. Why should he deprive them of a dad to something so  despicable as the doofus? That is illogical. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 20, 2018 4:41 AM MDT

I hope he does turn on Trump.  Now we have Rudy Giuliani on the Trump legal team.  Let's see how long that lasts.  Happy Friday. :)
      April 20, 2018 7:26 AM MDT

Has any other US president ever pardoned anyone whom you thought did not deserve to be pardoned? 
      April 20, 2018 6:17 AM MDT