Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Does it bother you when someone says, "I'll get back to you at my earliest convenience" when they're in the service industry?

Does it bother you when someone says, "I'll get back to you at my earliest convenience" when they're in the service industry?

Posted - April 15, 2018

Responses

I don't think I've heard that from them. 
    ~
      April 15, 2018 10:15 PM MDT

Ewww, that does sound very bad when you say it like that.  
      April 15, 2018 11:23 PM MDT

Well at least we're getting a real person and not an automated message line.  But has become that a lot of the time they don't get back to you at all.  Guess they are very busy.  Even people like plumbers, electricians we do business with on a semi-regular basis.  Sometimes we don't hear back from them.  Then we finally get them and they come over and its like we're their greatest customers.  Larger companies I have found if we keep at it we can eventually get someone in India or the American south who will stay with us and handle whatever our problem is - but who has the time to get to that point?  So usually we come up with a solution ourselves.  If we are able. 
      April 16, 2018 7:20 AM MDT

I haven't heard that exact response that I can recall, but I have been dealing with someone who promises to return my call in a few minutes and never does.  I'm now dealing with a person I believe to be his boss and I seem to be having the same problem.  He called me back when I was out, left a message on my answering machine, I called him an hour and a half later and that was the end of that.
      April 16, 2018 7:34 AM MDT

I have heard ".....as soon as I am able.", which is much more polite.
      April 16, 2018 9:04 AM MDT

I think they should help me NOW, not at their convenience - MY convenience. 

I’m always elated when companies actually have live people who answer the phones, not a recording that has to ask 20 questions “before they can get me to the right people”. 

Orrrrr, “We will get to your call in the order it was received”. 

Orrrr, the recording that repeats 10 times while on hold “Your call is important to us.....”. IF my call was THAT important, someone with a heartbeat would have answered in the first place. 

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. 

April 17, 2018 10:30 PM MDT

You're right!
    ~
      April 18, 2018 3:08 AM MDT